4 letter words ending in X? There are thousands of words in the English language, and new ones are invented every day. But some letters appear more often than others. The letter “x” doesn’t get much attention, which means that there aren’t many words ending in “x”. Thankfully, there are plenty of other options for ending a word with “x”. Single-letter words ending in “x” are called four-letter because they only have one other letter (the x). Many of them are out there, but not as many as you might expect. In this article, we list the best four-letter words for you!
4 Letter Words Ending in X
What are 4 Letter Words?
Four-letter words are words that have four letters. There are many such words in English. If you think about it, it’s a pretty short list! Something is an “z”? Yes, simply a “z”! Or an “x”? A surprisingly short list of those two things – look at them down the page. And the list goes on and on and on – letters are not all that special (aside from the z and x). Let’s look at each letter to see which one we have in common with each other (and no, all these words aren’t as popular as they should be).
List of 4 Letter Words Ending in X
4 Letter Words Ending in X and their Meanings
Let’s learn 4 letter words ending in X with their meanings.
- Crux – A critical point or problem, used in puzzles and games.
- Apex – The highest point.
- Coax – To persuade someone by gentle persuasion.
- Hoax – To trick someone into believing something.
- Ilex – An evergreen tree.
- Brux – A pain in the neck.
- Exax – The place one is currently at, as opposed to somewhere else that they intended to be.
- Falx – A sickle.
- Faux – Fake, as in counterfeit and not genuine.
- Flax – A fibre made of flax.
- Flex – To bend.
- Fix – To repair and to mend something, in a sense.
- Frax – An abbreviation of fractal.
- Klex – An abbreviation of flax or flex, as in flexible.
- Flux– A chemical reaction.
- Ibex – A type of deer.
- Jeux – Sports or games.
- Jinx – Something that is a source of misfortune.
- Lynx – An arctic cat.
- Minx– A cheeky young girl.
- Napx– A mythical creature which is half-snake, half-human.
- Plex – A shortened name for “complex”, often used in science and mathematics to describe a system.
- Oryx – A gazelle.
- Plux– The plural of lux, which means “light” in Latin.
- Roux – A thickening agent used in cooking.
- Scox – A rude term for a man.
- Spex – A quizzical look.
- Spux– A shortened form of spleen’, a gland that can be painful or where the blood flows.
- Stux – A monster, a demon or an evil spirit.
- Twix – The dual combination of Twinkle Toes and Mousse.
- Waxx – An archaic word meaning wealth, profit or riches: “wealth waxing” and “waxing wealth” are very old phrases in English that still have currency today.
This is a compressive list of the most popular four-letter words ending in x. Good luck to you in finding the meaning of each word. If you think we forget any such words or have any additional corrections, please comment below.
4 Letter Words Ending in X | Image