If you’re frantically searching on the internet for 5 letter words ending in Ause, then look no further. This article has your answer!
5 Letter Words Ending in Ause
What Are 5 Letter Words?
Since you’re a smart reader, you probably already know that 5-letter words only have 5 letters.
But why would someone want only 5 letter words ending in Ause? Why not look for all words in the English language that end in Ause?
Well, you might be specifically looking for 5 letter words because you need help with one or more of these:
- a crossword puzzle
- to win a bet with a friend
List of 5 Letter Words Ending in Ause
Without further ado, here is the list of 5 letter words ending in ause:
Yes, that’s it! Only 2 in the whole English language. At least, these are the only 2 legitimate 5-letter words, the only ones that can be used in a crossword puzzle, Scrabble, and Wordle.
However, if you’re trying to sneak in a winning bet with your friend, and maybe that friend won’t check the internet, go ahead and see if you can get away with one of these:
- Gause (obsolete form of gauze)
- Hause (old Scottish word)
Meanings of 5 Letter Words Ending in Ause
So, just because you now know these 5-letter words, aren’t you curious about what their meanings are? After all, they’re spelled exactly the same, with only 1 letter that’s different.
Well, that 1 beginning letter makes ALL the difference. These words ending in ause are definitely not the same.
Here’s the definition of cause, according to Merriam-Webster (noun only).
- reason for an action or condition
- something that brings about an effect or result
- a person or thing that is the occasion of an action or state
- sufficient reason
- a ground of legal action
- a case
- a matter or question to be decided
- a principle or movement militantly defended or supported
- a charitable undertaking
Here’s the definition of pause, according to Merriam-Webster (noun only).
- a temporary stop
- a break in a verse
- a brief suspension of the voice to indicate the limits and relations of sentences and their parts
- temporary inaction especially as caused by uncertainty
- the sign denoting a fermata
- a mark (such as a period or comma) used in writing or printing to indicate or correspond to a pause of voice
- a reason or cause for pausing, as to reconsider
- function of an electronic device that pauses a recording
Now that you have the answer that this article promised – a list of 5 letter words ending in ause – what are you going to do with your new knowledge?
Will you use these words in a crossword puzzle, a Scrabble game, or to win Wordle? Or will you just make a bet with a friend (and win!)?
Whatever you decide to do, you’ll be able to correctly spell and define your words. Most importantly, have fun!