What are 5 letter words ending in DER? Knowing 5 letter words is very handy when you are playing games where the longer the word the higher the point value. The game that immediately comes to mind is Scrabble. Words with friends is also a popular choice. Other word games that require you to have an extensive vocabulary are crossword puzzles and word searches. Another game that requires you to know a vast number of words is Boggle where you shake a box full of dice that have letters instead of numbers. You make words with the letters you get after a throw. Word games are great at bolstering mental agility which is excellent for people of all ages. Here we will be exploring 5 letter words ending in der. You may be surprised to discover that there are quite a few!
5 Letter Words Ending in DER
What are 5 Letter Words?
Simply put, 5 letter words are words that have 5 letters and have an actual meaning. We feel the need to also mention that we are focusing on English words since word games do not recognize words from other languages when assigning a point value.
List of 5 Letter Words Ending in DER
5 Letter Words Ending in DER with their Meanings
From our research, there are 29 5 letter words that end in der. We have listed them below with their meanings. We always offer meanings since being exposed to a word without knowing its associated meaning or meanings is pointless. Our list is in alphabetical order.
- ADDER – Another name for a viper, which is a small poisonous Eurasian snake.
- AIDER – Something or someone who provides assistance or help.
- ALDER – A particular type of tree.
- BIDDER – An applicant, a person who makes an offer or bid,
- CEDER – The person who formally surrenders or yields.
- CIDER – An alcoholic drink made from the juice of fermented apples.
- CODER – A person who writes or designs computer programs.
- CYBER – associated with information technology, computers, and virtual reality.
- CYDER – Archaic form of the word cider, refer to the previous meaning.
- EIDER – Large sea ducks.
- ELDER – An older or senior person or used as an adjective to compare a person who is greater in age.
- ENDER – Someone who puts an end or stop to something.
- FADER – A device that controls volume or light intensity.
- HEDER – A Jewish religious school carded for young children.
- HIDER – The person who hides.
- LADER – The person who loads cargo onto a ship.
- MODER – A layer in humus.
- NUDER – A person who is not wearing clothes
- ODDER – Something that is not the norm or unusual.
- OLDER – Comparison of age.
- ORDER – Arrangement of things or activities in a particular pattern or sequence.
- RIDER – Someone who rides a bicycle, horse, or motorcycle.
- RUDER – (Comparison) for being impolite or ill-mannered.
- SEDER – A Jewish ceremony held during Passover.
- SIDER – The person who takes the side of another person.
- UDDER – The breast of female sheep, cattle, goats,d and other such animals.
- UNDER – Below
- WADER – A type of wading bird.
- WIDE – (comparison)- More than the average width.
The 5 letter words ending in der above may have more than one meaning. As such you can explore these words on your own. We hope that our list has been useful!