How many 5 letter words ending in ir do we have? In playing word games, there will be times when we feel stuck with a few tiles or letters that we can not dispose of because we struggle in forming a valid word that will finally rid us of the dreaded tiles. If you’ve been meaning to dispose of your letters I and R tiles, chances are, you have already tried to form a word that starts with IR as this is an easier route. However, if this route is unsuccessful, then the words below may be the answer to your question. Here is a list of 5 letter words ending in IR and since it is a short list, getting your answer will be nothing but an easy feat.
5 Letter Words Ending in IR
5 Letter Words Ending in IR | Image
FAQs on 5 Letter Words Ending in IR
What are 5 Letter Words?
The five-letter words are absolutely necessary to gain success in playing word games. Aside from helping you win the game, the 5 letter words ending in IR that are listed below are so unique and interesting that you will be glad to add them to your vocabulary. From aegir to xamir, here are the 5 letter words that end in IR and their respective definitions.
What are Some Common 5 Letter Words Ending in IR?
- Aegir – a high wave caused by a tidal flood
- Astir – it describes an exciting movement or activity
- Chair – a single seat that features four legs and a back support
- Choir – a musical ensemble of an organized group of singers, typically one that facilitates worship in a church service
- Eyrir – a monetary subunit of Iceland which is equal to one-hundredth of a krona
- Fakir – In Islam and Hinduism, it refers to a religious ascetic who lives solely on alms
- Flair – a special skill or instinctive ability to perform something
- Glair – a liquid preparation made out of egg white which is typically used as an adhesive for bookbinding or gilding
- Izmir – a naval base and seaport in a metropolitan city in western Anatolia
- Kefir – It is a sour, low-lactose beverage of fermented cow’s milk made using cultured yeasts and bacteria. The beverage originated in the North Caucasus and was typically consumed by adults who lost the ability to digest lactose.
- Nadir – In geophysics, it is a local vertical direction that points to the force of gravity at a specific location.
- Ophir – a region in southeastern Arabia that’s known for its fine gold and precious stones.
- Panir – a fresh acid-set cheese used in Indian, Iranian, and Afghan cooking
- Speir – a variant of the word speer which means to ask or inquire
- Stair – a single step in a set of stairs that leads from one floor of a building to another
- Tapir – it is a large, nocturnal, and herbivorous mammal that is similar in shape to a pig
- Their – of or relating to other people, especially as possessors or objects of a specific action
- Vanir – are a group of Norse gods associated with fertility, wisdom, and the ability to see what the future holds
- Wazir – alternative spelling for vizier which refers to a high executive officer in Islamic culture
- Xamir – A small ethnic group that dwells in the Amhara Region of Ethiopia’s highlands
Last Updated on April 20, 2023