When you’re trying to find words that end in a certain suffix like 5 letter words ending in OT, it can be tricky. After all, many different suffixes and prefixes exist in the English language, and not all are used as often as others. That being said, it doesn’t make them any less useful when trying to develop new and interesting word combinations.
If you want to find words ending in ‘ot’ and aren’t sure where to look, this post is for you! Below, you will find helpful tips and tricks for locating those 5 letter words ending in ot you need so that your next Scrabble game goes smoothly. Let’s get started!
5 Letter Words Ending in OT
What Are 5 Letter Words that End in OT?
If you’re new to the world of Scrabble or word games in general, you should know that there are different lengths for words. You can play with length 1 word, length 3 words, and length 5 words. Scrabble is played with all three lengths of words. The only difference is that each player draws a new rack of tiles after playing their turn.
List of 5 Letter Words Ending in OT
5 Letter Words Ending in OT with Meanings
- Ascot: A place in England, the name of which is derived from the name of the town.
- Begot: To give birth to.
- Besot: To cause someone to be distracted or confused by nonsense.
- Bigot: A person who has very strong opinions about something and refuses to believe that new viewpoints are better than the ones they currently hold.
- Cabot: The name of several people, including a famous explorer who was born in Italy; the name of several companies, such as a travel agency; and a family tree name.
- Capot: A card game where all cards are dealt face-up and only the highest hand wins (derived from the French word “capot,” which means “head” or “top”).
- Depot: A place where goods or materials are stored.
- Dicot: A type of a plant with two seed leaves.
- Divot: The piece of turf that is torn away when taking a golf stroke; also, the hole left by such a stroke.
- Epcot: A Walt Disney World theme park in Florida that allows guests to see “how the real world is run” through interactive exhibits and ride simulators (derived from The Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, a city plan that Walt Disney considered creating).
- Ergot: A grain disease caused by fungus spores (derived from “ergotism,” an older term for poisoning that was due to eating grain infected with the fungus).
- Fagot: A bundle of sticks or stalks for kindling (from the French “fouage,” meaning “sticking”)
- Gemot: A race or sports meeting, especially one that is held in a particular place (derived from the French “gémoul,” meaning “great mass”).
- Gigot: A large piece of meat cut from the neck and shoulder end of a pig (from the French “gigote,” meaning “stomach”).
As you can see, there are a lot of 5-letter words ending in ‘ot’ out there! You might be surprised at the number of useful words you find when you start this research. Now that you know how to find them, it won’t be long before your next Scrabble game is filled with intelligent, interesting, and unique words. Happy hunting!
Resources Related to 5 Letter Words that End with ot
5 Letter Words List
You might like:
Last Updated on April 20, 2023