What are 5 letter words with q? When you are brainstorming for new words, it can be difficult to think of ideas that fit within the parameters of your word list. One common challenge is finding words with a specific letter in them. If you are trying to create a list of words with the letter q, you’ll need to dig deep and think creatively. There aren’t many single-letter words with the letter q in them, which means you’ll need to branch out into different areas to find your new word ideas. Check out these helpful suggestions and see if they help spark some creative thinking.
5 Letter Words with Q
What are 5 Letter Words?
Before you can start brainstorming, you’ll first need to know what a five-letter word is. According to the Wordy Site, a five-letter word contains five letters. That includes both consonants and vowels in the mix. Many of these words will only have two syllables, making them even easier to work with when it comes time to brainstorm ideas. It also helps that you don’t have a lot of extra letters in these words, so it will be easy to find new word combinations that are clean and easy to pronounce and spell.
List of 5 Letter Words with Q
5 Letter Words with Q and their Meanings
- Qadis – A guard or a watchman posted to a gate, portico, bridge, etc.
- Quaff – To drink down; full spoonfuls until the cup is empty; to drink up with earnestness, ferocity, or vigor; as, she quaffed her liquor like a man; he quaffed his wine like true Galatea.
- Quaga – A large South African antelope: the major part of the generic term which is identical with thylacine (q.v.).
- Qophs – A Hebrew letter (q), having the sound of k;–also called coph, and coph.
- Qorma – A dish of Persian origin made from mutton or other meat, onions, and nuts; especially as toasted on the spit over a slow fire.
- Quick – Living or growing plants; also, newly raised land that has been cultivated without fertilization or drainage until it is ready for such treatment.
- Quail – A small, usually annual European or American bird (Coturnix coturnix);–also called quail-dove; see quail-dove.
- Quays – The quays are the landing places along a water-front, as in the heart of a great city.
- Queso – A white Spanish or Portuguese cheese of various kinds.
- Queys – The notes of a cuckoo; also, the cry of a young fowl.
- Quich – In any region, is a quarter; as in “the map showed every quich was producing its share of beet.”
- Quiet – Making quiet; characterized by quiet; as “a quiet fellow.”
- Quill – The spongy pith of the quill-oak and other oaks;–also called quilling.
- Quilt – Any coverlet or bedspread made of several patchwork pieces sewn upon a foundation, usually in a diamond shape, and having alternate rows of stitching on the borders which are pulled tight in embroidery so that they stand out from the body of the quilt when it is spread out.
There you have it: a list of 5 letter words that have the letter q in them. Now you can start twisting and turning those letters around to find new words that are just what you need for your next project.