What are 5 letter words without vowels? As fascinating as it is, there are several words in the English language that don’t contain any vowel letters. Listed below are the 5 letter words with no vowels that you can add to your vocabulary. Let’s take a look at these interesting words and understand their meanings.
5 Letter Words without Vowels
What Are 5 Letter Words?
5 letter words are short words that only contain 5 letters in the English alphabet which typically includes the vowel letters, a, e, i, o, and u. In the absence of vowel letters, consonants that are considered semivowels are added to create a sound that is phonetically similar to a vowel.
What Are Vowels?
Vowels are syllabic speech sounds produced by a comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract. If you’re stuck with your consonant letter tiles with no vowels while playing scrabble or any other word game, you can still form a word using the semivowels, such as W and Y. Here’s a complete list of 5 letter words without vowels.
List of 5 Letter Words with NO Vowels
5 Letter Words without Vowels with Meanings
- Crypt: a stone chamber or underground room typically found beneath the floor of a church. It is commonly used as a chapel or burial place where coffins, sarcophagi, or religious relics are contained.
- Crwth: it refers to an ancient Celtic musical instrument that is comparable to a violin
- Cysts: a sac, vesicle, or bladder which contains a liquid secretion
- Dryly: a joke or remark delivered with no evidence of emotion or merriment
- Flyby: In spaceflight, it refers to the action or process of flying past a specific point. It is the term especially used when the spacecraft passes in proximity to the moon or other celestial body.
- Glyph: it refers to a character, symbol, or figure which are carved or incised for the purposes of recording information
- Gypsy: a member of the Indo-Aryan ethnic group dispersed across Europe as well as North and South America leading a nomadic lifestyle as a means of survival
- Lymph: In the human body, it refers to a clear, colorless fluid that passes from the intercellular spaces of the tissue to the lymphatic system and into the bloodstream.
- Lynch: to kill someone, especially by hanging, for an alleged offense typically without a legal trial, permission, or approval
- Myrrh: a sap-like resin that is excreted from the bark of a tree, especially Commiphora abyssinica which is native in Arabia and eastern Africa
- Nymph: In ancient Greek mythology and folklore, it refers to a minor deity imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting the rivers and woods.
- Psych: to mentally prepare one’s mind for an occasion or test
- Pygmy: In anthropology, it refers to an ethnic group known to have endemic short stature.
- Shyly: in a reserved or timid manner
- Slyly: in a cunning, manipulative, and deceitful manner
- Sylph: a term first coined by Paracelsus, a Swiss-German physician, and alchemist who regarded alchemy as a spiritual science. Sylph is imagined as a tiny, feminine elemental spirit of the air with insect-like wings and pointed ears.
- Tryst: it refers to a private meeting or rendezvous between lovers
- Wryly: to put humor in a negative, bad, or difficult situation
5 Letter Words without Vowels | Image
5 Letter Words with No Vowels
3 thoughts on “58 Cool 5 Letter Words without Vowels | Five Letter Words with No Vowels”
Isn’t the y a vowel in all those words?
A,E,I,O,U and sometimes Y