Are you searching for the list of 5 letter words ending in Z? The letter Z is the last and final letter of the modern English alphabet. Just like the letter Q, the Z tile is also worth a whopping 10 points in scrabble and the reason why it is deemed valuable in the game.
5 Letter Words Ending in Z
Make the most out of your letter Z tile by taking a look at the list below. From abuzz to Wurtz, know these 5 letter words ending in Z and learn their respective definitions in order to recall the words easily when you need them.
Plus, explore more 5 letter words that end in…
A | C | D | E | H | I | K | L | M | N
O | P | R | S | T | U | W | Y | Z
What Are 5 Letter Words that End with Z?
The “5 letter words” can be an effective go-to strategy to achieve greatness. Whether you’re teaching kids how to read or you simply want to dominate your opponents while playing word games, the 5 letter words are the tools that will help you achieve your goals.
5 Letter Words Ending in Z | Picture
5 Letter Words Ending in Z
List of 5 Letter Words Ending in Z
Here is a complete list of 5 letter words ending in Z that you can use to rack up the highest points possible in playing word games while expanding your vocabulary.
5 Letter Words Ending in az,bz
5 Letter Words Ending in ez
5 Letter Words Ending in iz
5 Letter Words Ending in lz
5 Letter Words Ending in nz
5 Letter Words Ending in oz, sz
5 Letter Words Ending in uz
5 Letter Words Ending in tz
5 Letter Words Ending in zz
Common 5 Letter Words Ending in Z with their Meanings
- Abuzz: filled with talk, activity, or excitement
- Ahvaz: capital of Khuzestan province located in southwestern Iran
- Bantz: the exchange of mocking remarks from one person or group to another
- Blitz: a bombardment or sudden military attack
- Fritz: something that’s not working properly, especially a machine or device
- Frizz: crinkled dry hair caused by lack of moisture
- Glitz: a show-off of an extravagant but superficial display
- Grosz: monetary unit in Poland
- Hafiz: In Islam, it refers to a male Muslim who has completely memorized the Quran
- Hejaz: a western region of Saudi Arabia that includes the cities of Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, and Yanbu
- Hertz: the unit of frequency is defined as one cycle per second
- Klutz: it refers to a clumsy and awkward person
- Mainz: the capital city of Rhineland-Palatinate, a western state of Germany
- Namaz: In Islam, it refers to the 5 prayers or worships set in accordance with the movement of the sun. Muslims offer a total of 5 namaz worships in one day, namely, Fajr. Zuhar, Asar, Maghrib, and Isha.
- Plotz: to be strongly affected with strong emotions such as anger, frustration, or excitement
- Scuzz: a term for something which is considered disgusting or disrespectable
- Snitz: it refers to sliced dried fruit, especially apples
- Spitz: a type of domestic dog known for its pointed ears and heavily furred tail carried over the back
- Swizz: something that represents fraud or embezzlement
- Topaz: It is a silicate mineral used as a gemstone. Topaz symbolizes friendship and it is also the birthstone for those born in November.
- Vaduz: the capital of Liechtenstein in Germany which is located between Switzerland and Austria
- Waltz: it is a popular ballroom dance primarily performed in a closed position
- Whizz: to move quickly through the air with a hum or a hissing sound
- Wootz: In India, it refers to crucible steel made using crude methods which is one of the oldest processes for making fused steel
- Wurtz: it refers to a bulbed fractionating column used in laboratories