“ABDL” will not be an acronym that you will see appear just anywhere on the internet. If you have encountered this acronym on the internet and were left pondering what it means, then you have come to the right place. Here you will find the meaning of this acronym, the story of its origin, and some alternative meanings if there are any that exist. You will also be able to read over some example conversations to see how this term is used properly in conversation. It is the hope that these examples will help you better understand the meaning of the term. Finally, you will some synonyms for the phrase this acronym represents if it is possible to represent it in other ways.
What Does ABDL Mean?
This acronym is used to represent the phrase “Adult Baby/ Diaper Lover.” This is a fetish where consenting adults roleplay as either a baby, also called a “little,” and a daddy or mommy. It often involves sex, but not always. Some adults that enjoy being a baby do it for their own reasons which can include a feeling of safety, a desire to be humiliated, etc. Adult babies and diaper lovers live an otherwise normal life outside of this fetish.
A common misconception is that diaper lovers committed to this lifestyle are sexually attracted to children or infants and this is untrue. They are attracted to adults who desire to dress like babies, not to infants or children themselves. The reasons they are attracted to being a daddy or mommy in this type of relationship vary from person to person. Adult babies wear diapers and wear or use other baby paraphernalia as well and are usually kept in a “nursery,” which would the BDSM equivalent of a nursery where they are cared for by there dominant and refer to them as daddy or mommy.
Origin of ABDL
This term was used as far back as 1910, but it was considered a taboo subject. It was not until the 1970s that this community gained traction when it became acceptable to discuss these fetishes in certain print magazines that had the freedom to discuss certain fetishes that people enjoyed. In the 1990s, more light was shed of this fetish due to the dawn of the internet and electronic access to others who enjoyed the fetish as well. The fetish is no longer considered taboo and the internet made it acceptable to speak about such fetishes.
There are currently no other known meanings for this acronym.
Examples of ABDL
A text message exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: What is your opinion on the ABDL fetish lifestyle?
- Friend 2: I don’t have one. I accept everyone as long as they aren’t breaking any laws. Everyone is entitled to be who they are and embrace what they love. Their personal life is none of my business.
- Friend 1: Okay, I just want to be sure because I am into the ABDL lifestyle and I didn’t want you to freak out if you saw something.
- Friend 2: I would never! It is your life and you deserve to be happy. Be yourself!
An online conversation between two forum users.
- User 1: I have never felt so in love. Roleplaying with my bf as a pair of ABDLs has bought us closer together.
- User 2: I agree. My daddy makes me feel more safe and secure than anyone else ever has in my life. I know he would do anything for me.
- User 1: That is exactly how I feel also!
Other Ways to Say “ABDL”
This acronym relates to something specific with an equally specific title. Therefore, it is impossible to use synonyms to relate to this type of specific fetish.
ABDL Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on April 10, 2023