List of accessories and different types of hats! Learn accessories vocabulary words and hat names in English with pictures and examples to increase your clothes vocabulary in English. With fashion being such a popular subject, there are a whole wealth of accessories which people use to make their outfits look that much more interesting. If you are out shopping and wish to purchase a certain accessory, you will need to be able to ask the shop assistant for the product. This is where your knowledge of the English names for accessories will help you greatly. In this section, you will find all the relevant words to this subject to add to your growing vocabulary.
Accessories are smaller items that can be added to outfits to complete them. Examples of accessories are shoes, jewellery and handbags. Accessories are not essential to an outfit, but they help to add to the beauty and effectiveness of the style that the outfit is conveying. You can match accessories to your clothes and to other accessories that you are wearing. For example, you would wear silver jewellery if you were also wearing silver shoes.
Learn names of hats and other accessories in English.
List of Accessories
- Bow tie
- Hair clip (U.K) – Bobby pin (U.S)
- Hair band
- Safety pin
- Pocket watch
- Straw hat
- Derby hat
- Top hat
- Mortar board
Accessories Names with Pictures and Examples
Accessories or Fashion accessories are items used to contribute, in a secondary manner, to the wearer’s outfit, often used to complete an outfit and chosen to specifically complement the wearer’s look.
– She was still wearing her sunglasses.
– He’d had time to wash his hands and take off his apron.
– She removes her gold necklace.
– My watch has stopped.
– He hated wearing dirty socks.
– I wear a shirt and tie at work.
– Emma sat silently in her blue suit and little bow tie.
– Julie opened her handbag and took out her purse.
– He wore a gold ring on his right hand.
– Gardening gloves protect your hands from being scratched or stung.
– Sammi was wearing a green scarf.
– I don’t have an umbrella.
– Ankle boots are fashionable again this autumn.
– She knelt down on the floor and took her mittens off.
– I refused to wear her tunic and stockings.
– I’ll lend you my gloves and earmuffs until you get your own.
Hair clip (U.K) – Bobby pin (U.S)
– Her hair is long and brown with a purple flower hair clip.
– She has a hair band.
– She pinned the gown at neck with a safety pin.
– My pocket watch showed that it was only six-twenty.
Types of Hats | Hat Names with Pictures
Learn different types of hats and hat names with images and examples.
– He thought he had on a jacket and trousers, possibly with a beanie.
– Give me your cap.
– Antoinette wore her new blue suit and red beret.
– She had taken off her straw hat.
– A derby hat is placed on the table, under which is a ball.
– Wear a helmet, use bike reflectors and wear bright clothing.
– The men all wore top hat and tails.
– The blue silk mortar board she wore was edged in gold lace with a gold bullion button and tassel.
Accessories Names | Hat Names Image
Clothes Vocabulary in English
Big list of clothes names classified by different categories with images in English.
- Men’s clothes vocabulary in English
- Women’s clothing names in English
- Baby Clothes names with pictures
- List of Winter clothes names
- Summer clothes names with pictures
- List of clothes & accessories names with images
- Accessories names
- Makeup & cosmetics names in English
- Personal care products vocabulary
Clothes vocabulary video with American English pronunciation.