Actions are taken in almost every sentence that we speak and so learning how to say them in English can be one of the most integral things that you learn within your language learning. Being able to correctly refer to various actions in English will greatly help your ability to form sentences and explain what people and objects are doing. Not only this but you will also benefit from being better able to understand when listening to other speakers.. In this section, take the time to look over and commit to memory this useful list of action words.
List of Action Vocabulary Words
- Playing cards
- Playing instrument
- Playing chess
- Playing volleyball
- Flying a kite
Learn these action words list to improve and enlarge your vocabulary about verbs.
Action Words with Pictures
The act of giving or receiving something with others.
- Example: The children were sharing their toys with each other.
A game played with a deck of cards.
- Example: We spent the evening playing cards and having fun.
The act of making music with a musical instrument.
- Example: I love the feeling of losing myself in the music when I’m playing an instrument
A two-player strategy board game.
- Example: He’s really good at playing chess and enjoys challenging opponents.
The act of washing oneself or someone else.
- Example: After a long day at work, she enjoys bathing in a hot tub.
A sport that involves riding on a skateboard.
- Example: He loves skateboarding and often practices in the park.
The act of riding a bicycle.
- Example: We went cycling in the countryside and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
A team sport played with a ball over a net.
- Example: The girls were playing volleyball on the beach and having a great time.
Speaking loudly to get someone’s attention or express strong emotions.
- Example: He was shouting for help when he got stuck in the elevator.
The act of raising something up or carrying something heavy.
- Example: He was lifting weights at the gym to build his muscles.
The act of making something clean and tidy.
- Example: She was cleaning the house before her guests arrived.
The act of moving through water using one’s body.
- Example: The children were swimming in the pool and having fun.
A water sport that involves riding waves on a surfboard.
- Example: He went surfing in Hawaii and caught some amazing waves.
The act of staying in a tent or other temporary shelter outdoors.
- Example: We went camping in the mountains and enjoyed the fresh air and scenery.
Flying a kite
The act of launching and controlling a kite in the air.
- Example: The children were flying a kite in the park and having fun.
The act of determining the number of something.
- Example: She was counting the money in her wallet to make sure she had enough for dinner.
The act of catching fish, usually for sport or food.
- Example: He loves fishing and often goes to the lake on weekends to catch trout.
Verbs with Pictures for Kids
- List of action verbs with images.
- Classroom verbs vocabulary in English.
- Restaurant verbs in English.
- Household chores with pictures in English.
- List of daily routines in English.
- Body movement verbs with images in English.
- Action words with pictures.
- List of cooking verbs in English.
- Sport words and exercise actions vocabulary words.
Learn common verbs video in English with American English pronunciation.
Last Updated on November 13, 2023