Adjective + For Collocation Examples! Learn common adjective collocations with for with ESL picture and example sentences to improve your English fluency.
Big list of 100+ useful adjective preposition collocations in English.
Adjective + For Collocation Examples
List of Adjective Collocations with FOR
- Eligible for
- Eager for
- Late for
- Mean for
- Qualified for
- Thankful for
- Concerned for
- Clever for
- Happy for
- True for
- Good for
- Free for
- Bad for
- Difficult for
- Grateful for
- Hard for
- Known for
- Notorious for
- Prepared for
- Ready for
- Renowned for
- Responsible for something
- Serious for
- Suitable for
- Thirsty for
- Famous for
- Sorry for
Adjective + For Collocations with Examples
- Only those over 70 are eligible for the special payment.
- She is eager for her parents’ approval.
- You’ll be late for your flight if you don’t hurry up.
- The books with large print are meant for partially sighted readers.
- What makes you think that you are qualified for this job?
- He wasn’t badly hurt—that’s something to be thankful for.
- I’m a bit concerned for your health.
- Charlie has a clever idea/plan for getting us out of our present difficulties.
- I’m very happy for you.
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation, and this is particularly true for pregnant women.
- Have you ever heard that confession is good for the soul?
- If Sarah is free for lunch I’ll take her out.
- He’s had another heart attack; things are looking bad for him, I’m afraid.
- It is difficult for me to hear you.
- She is so grateful for your help.
- It is hard for us to understand you.
- She is known for her dirty tricks.
- The country is notorious for its appalling prison conditions.
- I was not prepared for all the problems it caused.
- The army are said to be ready for action.
- She is renowned for her patience.
Responsible for something
- You’ll have to speak to John, he’s responsible for customer complaints.
- Be serious for a moment; this is important.
- This programme is not suitable for children.
- Are you thirsty for a soda? I am!
- She’s famous for her watercolor paintings.
- I’m sorry for arriving so late to dinner.
Useful Adjective Collocations with FOR | Image
Adjective Collocation Examples
List of 2500+ Common Collocations in English.
Useful List of Adjective & Preposition Collocations to Improve Your English Fluency.