Personality Adjectives! List of character traits, personality traits with examples and pictures. Learn these useful adjective words to describe yourself and people in English.
Character traits are qualities or characteristics that describe what a person is like. It’s important to be able to describe your own personality or someone else’s.
Following is a list of adjectives commonly used to describe personality and character.
Character Traits & Personality Traits
Personality Adjectives List
Personality Adjectives | Character Traits & Personality Traits
Character Traits with Examples and Pictures
– He was anxious to preserve his reputation.
– You’re a very naughty boy! Look what you’ve done!
– He was too stubborn to admit that he was wrong.
– She is very sensitive to other people’s feelings.
– She seemed intelligent and well educated.
– He’s a nice guy when he’s sober.
– He got quite emotional during the speech.
– He was bad-tempered and graceless in defeat.
– I get very nervous before a big race.
– He was hyper-critical and mean.
– The chairman was distracted between different opinions.
– The dishonest manager defrauded the company of millions of pounds.
– He is so rude that nobody can bear him.
– He is very discreet in giving his opinions.
– He’s crazy to drive his car so fast.
– He is cheeky to his teacher.
– Josephine was bright, lively and cheerful.
– He seemed a dynamic and energetic leader.
– I’ve got more untidy since I stopped going out to work.
– Don’t be so pessimistic.
– I’m very optimistic about our chances of success.
– She thought him an unpleasant man.
– She’s either really talkative and you can’t shut her up or else she’s silent.
– She’s so calm, nothing seems to faze her.
– I’m a passionate believer in public art.
– He is too proud to see his own mistake.
– He was sincere in his wish to help us.
– He felt too lazy to get out of bed.
– He is an outgoing and lively person.
– She was always so funny and entertaining.
– Stop being so silly and immature, Ben!
– He was too shy to ask her to dance with him.
– He was determined to retrieve his honor.
– He’s a versatile actor who has played a wide variety of parts.
– I’m not in a sociable mood.
– You look worried. What’s the matter?
– She’s a very kind and thoughtful person.
– He’s very humble about his success.
– He is friendly to us all.
– He was very frank about his relationship with the actress.
– We’re absolutely obedient to the superior.
– I believe my sister to be honest.
– The boy seems completely fearless.
– She was really unfriendly to me.
– They are generous although they are poor.
– My father was a deeply compassionate man.
– She’s a good warm-hearted woman.
– I was very disobedient towards my father.
– He was quite straightforward with us about the difficulties involved.
– He is not only arrogant but also selfish.
– She’s very hard-working but not very imaginative.
– There was a worried look on her normally placid face.
– Why are you so jealous of his success?
– She was unfailingly courteous and helpful.
– He is enthusiastic about pop music.
– She can be very persistent when she wants something.
– If you are sensible you will study for another year.
– He was too upset to be rational.
– Helen was diffident and reserved.
– She has now changed into a happy, self-confident woman.
– She’s terribly bossy and nobody likes her much.
– She’s a plucky lady.
– The doctor is very patient with his patients.
– He is impatient with those who decry the scheme.
– He was an easygoing man of very moderate views.
– He was very careless in his work, so he really deserved to get the gate.
– Vicky cooks really well but she’s rather messy.
– He was too honest and hard-working.
– He is a very creative musician.
– I like to think I’m broad-minded.
– He was faithful to his promise wife.
– She has such a kind, friendly personality.
– We all honour courageous people.
– He’d always been such a loyal friend to us all.
– He is a very modest person.
– I’m a tidy person.
– She sounded more confident than she felt.
– She was very attentive to her guests.
– A friend is a loving companion at all times.
– I will warrant him an honest and reliable fellow.
– I wonder who is scared to lose me.
– We are generally very conscientious about our work.
– He is good-tempered, he gets along with everyone.
– He was careful to keep out of sight.
– He’s very gentle with his kids.
– She was small and neat of person.
– He was a dynamic personality in the business world.
– She is one of the most fair-minded people I know.
– He was not an impartial witness because of his affinity with the accused.
– He was strongly supportive of my career.
– Lucy is a rather timid child.
– He was an intellectual, scholarly man.
– She was very brave to learn to ski at fifty.
– She is an ambitious career woman.
– I’m afraid I wasn’t very polite to her.
– You don’t look very happy today.
– She has a romantic nature.
– You must be more diplomatic in handling the situation.
– The hotel staff are friendly and courteous.
– She had not intended to be humorous.
– Are you a self-disciplined person?
– Mary is popular among the students.
– Mark is a smart and sophisticated young man.
– I don’t want to get serious yet.
– I don’t like her because she is a hypocritical person.
– Andy isn’t a very adventurous cook.
Personality Adjectives | Pictures
Character Traits & Personality Traits | Personality Adjectives Image 1
Character Traits & Personality Traits | Personality Adjectives Image 2
Useful Words to Describe Yourself | Personality Adjectives Image 3
Useful Words to Describe Yourself | Personality Adjectives Image 4
List of Adjectives in English
Useful list of adjectives in English with pictures.
- Opposite adjectives in English.
- List of emotions: feeling words and emotion words with pictures.
- Descriptive adjectives to describe people in English.
- Personality adjectives, character traits and personality traits in English.
Personality Adjectives | Character Traits & Personality Traits Video
Learn useful words to describe yourself and people with American English pronunciation.