Learn useful Adjectives that Describe Personality and Character in English through examples illustrated with pictures.
Character traits are qualities or characteristics that describe what a person is like. It’s important to be able to describe your own personality or someone else’s.
Here is a list of adjectives commonly used to describe personality and character.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Adjectives that Describe Personality
- 1.1 Anxious
- 1.2 Naughty
- 1.3 Stubborn
- 1.4 Sensitive
- 1.5 Intelligent
- 1.6 Nice
- 1.7 Emotional
- 1.8 Bad-tempered
- 1.9 Nervous
- 1.10 Mean
- 1.11 Distracted
- 1.12 Dishonest
- 1.13 Rude
- 1.14 Discreet
- 1.15 Crazy
- 1.16 Cheeky
- 1.17 Cheerful
- 1.18 Energetic
- 1.19 Untidy
- 1.20 Pessimistic
- 1.21 Optimistic
- 1.22 Unpleasant
- 1.23 Talkative
- 1.24 Calm
- 1.25 Passionate
- 1.26 Proud
- 1.27 Sincere
- 1.28 Lazy
- 1.29 Lively
- 1.30 Funny
- 1.31 Silly
- 1.32 Shy
- 1.33 Determined
- 1.34 Versatile
- 1.35 Sociable
- 1.36 Worried
- 1.37 Thoughtful
- 1.38 Humble
- 1.39 Friendly
- 1.40 Frank
- 1.41 Obedient
- 1.42 Honest
- 1.43 Fearless
- 1.44 Unfriendly
- 1.45 Generous
- 1.46 Compassionate
- 1.47 Warm-hearted
- 1.48 Disobedient
- 1.49 Straightforward
- 1.50 Selfish
- 1.51 Imaginative
- 1.52 Placid
- 1.53 Jealous
- 1.54 Helpful
- 1.55 Enthusiastic
- 1.56 Persistent
- 1.57 Sensible
- 1.58 Rational
- 1.59 Reserved
- 1.60 Self-confident
- 1.61 Bossy
- 1.62 Plucky
- 1.63 Patient
- 1.64 Impatient
- 1.65 Easygoing
- 1.66 Careless
- 1.67 Messy
- 1.68 Hard-working
- 1.69 Creative
- 1.70 Broad-minded
- 1.71 Faithful
- 1.72 Kind
- 1.73 Courageous
- 1.74 Loyal
- 1.75 Modest
- 1.76 Tidy
- 1.77 Confident
- 1.78 Attentive
- 1.79 Loving
- 1.80 Reliable
- 1.81 Scared
- 1.82 Conscientious
- 1.83 Good-tempered
- 1.84 Careful
- 1.85 Gentle
- 1.86 Neat
- 1.87 Dynamic
- 1.88 Fair-minded
- 1.89 Impartial
- 1.90 Supportive
- 1.91 Timid
- 1.92 Intellectual
- 1.93 Brave
- 1.94 Ambitious
- 1.95 Polite
- 1.96 Happy
- 1.97 Romantic
- 1.98 Diplomatic
- 1.99 Courteous
- 1.100 Humorous
- 1.101 Self-disciplined
- 1.102 Popular
- 1.103 Smart
- 1.104 Serious
- 1.105 Hypocritical
- 1.106 Adventurous
- 2 Adjectives that Describe Personality | Picture 1
- 3 Adjectives that Describe Personality | Picture 2
- 4 Adjectives that Describe Personality | Picture 3
- 5 Adjectives that Describe Personality | Picture 4
Adjectives that Describe Personality
– He was anxious to preserve his reputation.
– You’re a very naughty boy! Look what you’ve done!
– He was too stubborn to admit that he was wrong.
– She is very sensitive to other people’s feelings.
– She seemed intelligent and well educated.
– He’s a nice guy when he’s sober.
– He got quite emotional during the speech.
– He was bad-tempered and graceless in defeat.
– I get very nervous before a big race.
– He was hyper-critical and mean.
– The chairman was distracted between different opinions.
– The dishonest manager defrauded the company of millions of pounds.
– He is so rude that nobody can bear him.
– He is very discreet in giving his opinions.
– He’s crazy to drive his car so fast.
– He is cheeky to his teacher.
– Josephine was bright, lively and cheerful.
– He seemed a dynamic and energetic leader.
– I’ve got more untidy since I stopped going out to work.
– Don’t be so pessimistic.
– I’m very optimistic about our chances of success.
– She thought him an unpleasant man.
– She’s either really talkative and you can’t shut her up or else she’s silent.
– She’s so calm, nothing seems to faze her.
– I’m a passionate believer in public art.
– He is too proud to see his own mistake.
– He was sincere in his wish to help us.
– He felt too lazy to get out of bed.
– He is an outgoing and lively person.
– She was always so funny and entertaining.
– Stop being so silly and immature, Ben!
– He was too shy to ask her to dance with him.
– He was determined to retrieve his honor.
– He’s a versatile actor who has played a wide variety of parts.
– I’m not in a sociable mood.
– You look worried. What’s the matter?
– She’s a very kind and thoughtful person.
– He’s very humble about his success.
– He is friendly to us all.
– He was very frank about his relationship with the actress.
– We’re absolutely obedient to the superior.
– I believe my sister to be honest.
– The boy seems completely fearless.
– She was really unfriendly to me.
– They are generous although they are poor.
– My father was a deeply compassionate man.
– She’s a good warm-hearted woman.
– I was very disobedient towards my father.
– He was quite straightforward with us about the difficulties involved.
– He is not only arrogant but also selfish.
– She’s very hard-working but not very imaginative.
– There was a worried look on her normally placid face.
– Why are you so jealous of his success?
– She was unfailingly courteous and helpful.
– He is enthusiastic about pop music.
– She can be very persistent when she wants something.
– If you are sensible you will study for another year.
– He was too upset to be rational.
– Helen was diffident and reserved.
– She has now changed into a happy, self-confident woman.
– She’s terribly bossy and nobody likes her much.
– She’s a plucky lady.
– The doctor is very patient with his patients.
– He is impatient with those who decry the scheme.
– He was an easygoing man of very moderate views.
– He was very careless in his work, so he really deserved to get the gate.
– Vicky cooks really well but she’s rather messy.
– He was too honest and hard-working.
– He is a very creative musician.
– I like to think I’m broad-minded.
– He was faithful to his promise wife.
– She has such a kind, friendly personality.
– We all honour courageous people.
– He’d always been such a loyal friend to us all.
– He is a very modest person.
– I’m a tidy person.
– She sounded more confident than she felt.
– She was very attentive to her guests.
– A friend is a loving companion at all times.
– I will warrant him an honest and reliable fellow.
– I wonder who is scared to lose me.
– We are generally very conscientious about our work.
– He is good-tempered, he gets along with everyone.
– He was careful to keep out of sight.
– He’s very gentle with his kids.
– She was small and neat of person.
– He was a dynamic personality in the business world.
– She is one of the most fair-minded people I know.
– He was not an impartial witness because of his affinity with the accused.
– He was strongly supportive of my career.
– Lucy is a rather timid child.
– He was an intellectual, scholarly man.
– She was very brave to learn to ski at fifty.
– She is an ambitious career woman.
– I’m afraid I wasn’t very polite to her.
– You don’t look very happy today.
– She has a romantic nature.
– You must be more diplomatic in handling the situation.
– The hotel staff are friendly and courteous.
– She had not intended to be humorous.
– Are you a self-disciplined person?
– Mary is popular among the students.
– Mark is a smart and sophisticated young man.
– I don’t want to get serious yet.
– I don’t like her because she is a hypocritical person.
– Andy isn’t a very adventurous cook.