The internet slang term AKA can be seen often during the online conversation, but what is the meaning of this slang and how is it used in a conversation? We are going to take a look at the answers to both of these questions as well as looking at the origin of the term and where it first came from.
What Does AKA Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term AKA is “also known as”, this refers to calling something by another name, for example, you might say ‘this is Claire aka my girlfriend.’
Origin of AKA
The internet slang term AKA finds its origin as an acronym, like many other internet slang terms.
There is only one meaning to the internet slang term aka and that is the one which we have already discussed.
You are likely to see the internet slang term AKA used regularly during online conversations, we are now going to take a look at some examples of the slang term being used.
The first conversation is happening on an online dating site between two people who have just started chatting with one another.
- Person 1: “Hi, my name is Emily. How are you?”
- Person 2: “HI, I’m Daniel, aka your dream man.”
The next conversation is taking place between some people on the comment thread of a Facebook status update
- Person 1: “What’s the point in living anymore?”
- Person 2: “Are you OK?”
- Person 1: “No, not at all.”
- Person 3: “Oh look, it’s Angela aka the attention seeker.”
The final conversation is taking place over email between a prospective employer and client.
- Person 1: “I can certainly get the job done for you.”
- Person 2: “What makes you so confident?”
- Person 1: “Well, my name is Mike aka Mr. Productive.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are many other ways in which you might express the meaning of the internet slang term AKA. We are now going to take a look at some examples of other things you can say which have the same meaning as the term.
- her alias is…..
- another name for…