What does ANGSTY mean? Learn the definition and how and when to use this internet slang word with ESL picture and interesting texting conversations in English.
What Does ANGSTY Mean?
The term that takes the definition of angst to a greater level. Fear and anguish took to the next step become ‘angsty’. The use of this slang term means someone who is feeling fear of angst, usually displaying some self-conscious tendencies. The common simple definition of ‘angsty’ is for the misunderstood.
Origin of ANGSTY
Another one of the terms that became popular with the world of social media. More things seem to affect teens in today’s world leaving plenty of opportunity for misunderstanding.
Examples as to how this online slang term is used.
- Texter 1: Can you believe it’s Halloween?
- Texter 2: I know the thoughts of the haunted house excite me.
- Texter 1: Not me they make me feel angsty.
- Texter 1: All those creepy haunted walks too.
- Texter 2: lol
- Texter 2: OMG girl don’t be such a baby.
Here you have two friends talking, one loves Halloween, the other gets freaked out and frightened easily.
- lol – Laugh Out Loud
- omg – Oh My God or Oh My Gosh
- Texter 1: I can’t find anything to wear.
- Texter 2: Just wear whatever it doesn’t matter.
- Texter 1: Are you kidding of course it matters.
- Texter 2: Don’t be so angsty, trust me you look fine in anything.
A conversation between friends and one has to reassure the other that she looks great and doesn’t need to stress over a simple outfit.