Athletic shoes are specifically designed to be worn for participating in various sports. Since friction between the foot and the ground is an important force in most sports, modern athletic shoes are designed to maximize this force, and materials, such as rubber, are used.
Many athletic shoes are designed with specific features for specific activities. One of these includes roller skates, which have metal or plastic wheels on the bottom specific for the sport of roller skating.
Athletic Shoes Vocabulary in English
Athletic Shoes in English
– He took his Chuck Taylor and socks off.
– I like this pair of golf shoes.
– My hiking boots are too big.
– I can’t go out without any high-tops.
– Good running shoes should provide a cushion when running.
– These climbing shoes are much too small for me.
– Mother bought him a pair of soccer shoes.
Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
– He wore old jeans and a pair of sneakers.
– Could I try these old skool in a bigger size?
– I must whiten my basketball shoes.
– They were too poor to buy ice-skates for the kids.