Athletic Shoes! Learn different types of sport shoes, running shoes, sneakers… with pictures and examples to improve and enhance your shoes vocabulary in English.
Athletic shoes are specifically designed to be worn for participating in various sports. Since friction between the foot and the ground is an important force in most sports, modern athletic shoes are designed to maximize this force, and materials, such as rubber, are used.
List of Sport Shoes
- Chuck Taylor
- Golf shoes
- Hiking boots
- Running shoes
- Climbing shoes
- Soccer shoes
- Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
- Old skool
- Basketball shoes
Types of Athletic Shoes with Pictures
– He took his Chuck Taylor and socks off.
– I like this pair of golf shoes.
– My hiking boots are too big.
– I can’t go out without any high-tops.
– Good running shoes should provide a cushion when running.
– These climbing shoes are much too small for me.
– Mother bought him a pair of soccer shoes.
Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
– He wore old jeans and a pair of sneakers.
– Could I try these old skool in a bigger size?
– I must whiten my basketball shoes.
– They were too poor to buy ice-skates for the kids.
Athletic Shoes Vocabulary | Picture
Sport Shoes Video
Types of Shoes
Learn different types of shoes in English