Adorable baby animals list with cool images. It is one thing to remember all the names of animals in English, but there are a whole other set of names for the younger versions of those animals. For example, did you know that in English, a baby cow is referred to as a calf, as too is a baby elephant. However, a baby lion is called a cub but their cousins, the cat have babies called kittens. Confusing right? It doesn’t have to be, with these useful explanations, you will soon be able to name any animal baby in English with ease.
Kittens and Puppies
Kittens and puppies are among the most popular baby animals, and they often steal the hearts of animal lovers. A newborn kitten, with its tiny size and soft fur, quickly captures attention. They usually open their eyes at around 7 to 10 days old and start to walk at about three weeks. On the other hand, puppies are known for their energy and curiosity. They begin to walk and explore their surroundings at about two to three weeks old. Socialization is vital for both kittens and puppies, as it helps to shape their behavior as adult animals.
Farm animals have adorable babies too. Among the farm babies, piglets, lambs, calves, foals, chicks, and bunnies have a noticeable charm. Piglets are playful and intelligent, usually born in litters of 10 to 12. Lambs are baby sheep that are often seen frolicking in fields with their soft, curly fleece. Calves, or baby cows, can stand within an hour after birth and begin to walk soon after.
Foals are the offspring of horses and are born with long, spindly legs that enable them to quickly learn to stand and run. Baby deer, known as fawns, are born with white spots that provide camouflage from predators. Chicks are baby chickens that emerge from their eggs after three weeks of incubation. Finally, bunnies are baby rabbits, known for their soft fur and gentle nature.
Exotic and Wild Animals
The animal kingdom is full of endearing baby animals born in the wild. Examples include lion cubs, elephant calves, baby giraffes, and bear cubs. Lion cubs are curious little animals that often play with their siblings and explore their environment. Baby elephants, or calves, are born weighing about 200 pounds and have a strong bond with their mothers.
Giraffes give birth to their calves standing up, and the newborns are around 6 feet tall at birth. Bear cubs, such as grizzly or polar bears, are born much smaller compared to their adult size but quickly grow into powerful creatures. Each of these wild babies serves an essential role in their respective ecosystems.
Male, Female & Baby Animal Names
Baby, Male, and Female Animal Names with Pictures
In English, many animals have specific names for male, female, and young.
Tom (male cat name)
Queen (female cat name)
Kitten (baby cat name)
Dog (male dog name)
B*tch (female dog name)
Puppy (baby dog name)
Rooster (male chicken name)
Hen (female chicken name)
Chick (baby chicken name)
Drake (male duck name)
Duck (female duck name)
Duckling (baby duck name)
Bull (male ox name)
Cow (female ox name)
Calf (baby ox name)
Deer (male deer name)
Doe (female deer name)
Fawn (baby deer name)
Stallion (male horse name)
Mare (female horse name)
Foal (baby horse name)
Ram (male sheep name)
Ewe (female sheep name)
Lamb (baby sheep name)
Tiger (male tiger name)
Tigress (female tiger name)
Tiger cub (baby tiger name)
Lion (male lion name)
Lioness (female lion name)
Lion cub (baby lion name)
List of Male, Female, Baby Animals and Group Names
|RABBIT||Buck||Doe||Kit / Bunny||Colony|
|FLY||Male||Female||Caterpillar / Chrysalis||Swarm|
List of Cutest Baby Animals
Baby animals have a natural charm that captivates people. Their cute and innocent appearances often steal the hearts of animal lovers. This section will feature a list of some of the cutest baby animals, offering a quick glimpse into the world of these adorable creatures.
Red Panda Cub
Red panda cubs are undoubtedly one of the cutest baby animals. They have fluffy bodies with a striking reddish-brown fur and delightful facial expressions. Known for their playful nature, red panda cubs are often seen climbing trees and frolicking with their siblings.
The baby giraffe, or calf, is another heart-stealer in the animal kingdom. With their long, spindly legs and captivating eyes, they are incredibly endearing. Calves are known to stand within about 30 minutes of birth, and their inquisitive nature adds to their cuteness.
Filly and Colt
A female baby horse is called a “filly,” while a male baby horse is referred to as a “colt.” These baby horses, or “foals,” are born with slender legs and a delicate appearance. Their innocence and youthful energy make them undeniably adorable.
Some more irresistible baby animals include:
- Baby Skunk: Don’t let their smell deter you – baby skunks are unbelievably cute with their tiny size, fluffy tails, and precious faces.
- Baby Armadillo: The little, armored animals have an undeniable charm. Their sleepy and curious expressions, combined with their unique appearance, make them a cute addition to this list.
As we explore the world of baby animals, it becomes evident that nature has blessed us with an abundance of cuteness. Each of these creatures, with their unique characteristics and irresistible appearances, brings joy to those who encounter them.
Lesser-Known Baby Animals
A variety of fascinating baby animals tend to fly under the radar due to their lesser-known status. Here are several examples along with their proper names.
- Baby hedgehog: Known as a hoglet, these tiny creatures are born blind and rely on their sense of smell to navigate the world.
- Baby crocodile: Referred to as a hatchling, baby crocodiles emerge from their eggs with a small, protective egg tooth on the tip of their snouts.
- Baby cow: A young cow is commonly called a calf, while newborns are sometimes referred to as calves.
- Baby rabbit: Depending on the species, a young rabbit may be called a kit, short for kitten, or a bunny.
- Baby turkey: Known as a poult, these young birds typically hatch from eggs in a nest built on the ground.
- Baby kangaroo: Often referred to as a joey, these marsupial babies begin their lives in their mother’s pouch, where they continue to grow and develop.
- Baby donkey: These small creatures are called foals, just like baby horses, and share many physical characteristics with their equine relatives.
- Baby snake: Known as a snakelet, these reptiles are often born as live young or hatched from eggs, depending on the species.
- Baby fish: A newly hatched fish is called a fry, and in the early stages of life, may bear little resemblance to their adult counterparts.
- Baby owl: Known as an owlet, these young birds are typically born with a fluffy coat of down, which eventually gives way to the more familiar feathered appearance.
These lesser-known baby animals display a remarkable diversity of features and continue to captivate the curiosity of animal enthusiasts everywhere.
List of Animals in English with Pictures
Animals names in English with different categories.
- Pet names
- List of farm & domestic animals
- Wild animals in English
- Mammals vocabulary
- List of sea animals
- Bird names
- Insect names
- Male, female and baby animal names in English
- Animal group names (collective nouns for animals) in English
- Animal body parts in English with images.
- Intersex Meaning: What Does the Term “Intersex” Actually Mean? - June 4, 2023
- Woke Meaning: What Does the Slang Term “Woke” Mean? - June 4, 2023
- Evil Eye Meaning | What Does the Term “Evil Eye” Mean? - June 4, 2023