What Does BAMF Mean?
This is one of the top slang terms used to shorten a vulgar way of speaking. Instead of saying the curse words, people are allowed to speak them even in mixed company. ‘Bad Ass Mother F**ker’, is translated into the term ‘bamf’ in an attempt to not offend others or a sneaky way for kids and teens to curse in front of their parents.
You will find it used when a person is acting so unbelievable that words just don’t describe them correctly. That unreal individual could either be a great fighter, someone who is unbelievably cool, or even someone doing something stupid.
The term is often used to talk about an independent and strong girl within the world of fan fiction. A fun fact is that ‘bamf’ has also been used in comics to describe the sound a superhero known as Nightcrawler makes when he teleports.
Origin of BAMF
Whether this slang term came to be first used as comic sound effects or for the social media communication crowd, we may never know. Whichever it was, the truth remains that its use became most popular in the social world during the 2000s with all its fellow words in the shortened language we all use every day today.
All the ways you can use this internet slang term.
- Texter 1: Did you see him on that dirt bike after school?
- Texter 2: OMG I sure did!
- Texter 1: Those stunts were so crazy.
- Texter 2: IKR He is such a bamf.
Here you have a couple of kids talking about another who was doing amazing stunts on his dirt bike after school had ended.
- omg – Oh My God or Oh My Gosh
- ikr – I Know Right
- Forum User 1: Did you guys see that fight last night?
- Forum User 2: Yeah, Johnny was whipping the floor with Tim.
- Forum User 1: I know and I thought Tim was such a bamf.
- Forum User 3: Right, but it looks like Johnny is going to end up with the gold.
A group of people talking on an online forum about fighters and how one was so much stronger last season but it looks like the new guy will be the new ‘bamf‘ in the fighting scene.
- Texter 1: Hey want to go to the bar?
- Texter 2: No way, I’m still sick from last night.
- Texter 1: Really?
- Texter 2: Yeah, you are one bamf for not still being hungover. I don’t get how you do it.
A couple of friends talking about a bar and how one is a really tough guy who never seems to get hungover no matter how much he drinks, making him one ‘bamf’.
- Bad At Making Friends
- Bash Application Matching Framework
- Beer Art Music Food
- Berkey Avenue Mennonite Fellowship
- Buttocks Against Mutant Flatulence
- British Art Market Federation
- Bay Area Metal Festival
- Brothers Associated Moving Forward