What does BBEG mean? Learn the definition, how and when to use this text abbreviation with useful conversation examples and ESL printable infographic.
What Does BBEG Mean?
The definition for the slang term ‘bbeg’ is ‘Big Bad Evil Guy’.
It also can stand for ‘Big Bad Evil Girl’, depending on the situation. Popular culture abbreviates the term for a faster way to say bad dude, no matter if they are male or female.
Origin of BBEG
While social media has given birth to most abbreviations and slang terms, there are a bunch that have been created for the world of Role-Playing Games or RPGs. This term is one of those most often found in conversations about or during games. A boss or big bad evil guy is fought in battles and ‘bbeg’ is the term used to describe the situation.
How this texting acronym is most often used.
- Chat User 1: That boss fight was insane.
- Chat User 2: OMG I agree.
- Chat User 1: That was one BBEG!
- Chat User 2: And his minions made it even harder.
Here you have friends talking in chat about the game they are playing and how the boss fight was really hard.
- Texter 1: Did you seem Amber?
- Texter 2: You mean that BBEG…
- Texter 1: LOL Yes, the devil herself.
- Texter 2: Yeah, I saw her at work. She never misses a day.
This instance you have two girls talking about another who they feel is evil and mean to them.