Bedroom Furniture! Useful names of things in the bedroom with examples and pictures. Many people spend a lot of time in their bedrooms and these spaces are often a sanctuary. If you wish to talk about your bedroom, perhaps what items are included in there, then knowing the correct English words for this is going to be of great benefit to you. This kind of vocabulary is also very useful for times when you might need to purchase bedroom furniture.
In this section, you will learn the English names of a variety of pieces of bedroom furniture.
In the bedroom, there are many typical furniture, such as air-conditioner, upholstered bench, dressing table, nightstand, …
Things in the Bedroom
- Clothes valet
- Anglepoise lamp/ Balanced-arm lamp
- Cot (U.K)/ Crib (U.S)
- Upholstered bench
- Bedside table
- Bureau (U.K)/ Desk (U.S)
- Chest of drawers (U.K)/ Dresser (U.S)
- Hat stand
- Dressing table
- Table lamp
- Ironing board
- Hope chest
Learn these bedroom objects to enhance your vocabulary in English.
Bedroom Furniture with Pictures and Examples
– Though the air-conditioner gave off warm air, he felt cold.
– She bought a new clothes valet to hang her clothes.
– He felt too lazy to get out of bed.
Anglepoise lamp/ Balanced-arm lamp
– I need the artificial light of anglepoise lamp on the writing table.
Cot (U.K)/ Crib (U.S)
– The baby is fast asleep in his cot.
– We sat down on the upholstered bench.
– Ginny groped for her glasses on the bedside table.
– Jack edged the dictionary in on the bookshelf.
Bureau (U.K)/ Desk (U.S)
– He deposited the books on the desk.
Chest of drawers (U.K)/ Dresser (U.S)
– He bought a dresser, a pair of night tables, two bookcases for his books and records.
– I forbid anyone to touch that clock.
– There is a fan in our room.
– I rest my head on a soft pillow filled with feather.
– Hang your hat on the hat stand.
– I left it on her dressing table with a note.
– I sat down and he turned on a table lamp.
– She was looking at her reflection in the mirror.
– She blinked when I opened the curtains.
– I need to buy a new ironing board.
– I saw the Olympic Games on television.
– The telephone rang and interrupted my train of thought.
– There is a hope chest in the corner of the room.
– She wanted a famous artist to paint her picture.
– Books are always in his suitcase or on his nightstand.
Things in the Bedroom | Bedroom Furniture Picture
Bedroom Objects Vocabulary | Video
Learn bedroom objects video with American English pronunciation.
Learn different types of furniture in English with examples and pictures.