What is another word for “benefit”? This lesson provides a list of commonly used synonyms for “benefit” in English with ESL pictures and useful example sentences. Learn these words to use instead of “benefit” to enhance your English vocabulary.
“Benefit” Definition and Examples
Meaning of “Benefit”:
Noun: An advantage or help gained by something; a grant or payment made by an institution, usually the government, to the entitled or retired person
- “ Our company will receive a lot of benefits a lot from this deal”
- “After retirement, he just reaps the monthly benefits given to him by the state”
Verb: Getting some sort of help or payment
Example: “The subsidies benefit the poor, not the middle class”
Other Words for “Benefit”
Commonly used synonyms for the word “benefit”.
A huge list of 95+ different words to use instead of “benefit”.
- Be accorded
- Be beneficial
- Beneficial impact
- Best interests at heart
- Boarding house
- Cash in on
- Charity event
- Come to the aid
- Fund raiser
- Good turn
- In favor
- In favour
- In the best interest
- In the interest
- Make a profit
- Make use
- Serve the interests
- Serving the interests
- Take advantage
- Upper hand
Benefit Synonyms Infographic
Another Word for Benefit
Benefit Synonyms with Examples
Learn another word for “benefit” with example sentences.
Is there any advantage in getting there early?
Finally the government weighed in with financial aid.
I’d like to avail myself of this opportunity to thank you all.
They did everything for our comfort.
We bought this house for its convenience.
I get a lot of enjoyment from my job.
The merger is not contrary to the public interest.
I stopped smoking for the sake of my health.
She got great satisfaction from helping people to learn.
It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do.
He inwardly questioned the utility of his work.
Our only concern is the children’s welfare.
We try to ensure the well-being of our employees.
More examples with the word “benefit”:
- That was a health programme to benefit everyone.
- They labour assiduously for the benefit of future generations.
- People doing yoga benefit from an increased feeling of well-being.
- It is said Yogo is of great benefit to human health.
- Females and cubs clearly derive some benefit from living in groups.
- It is certainly worth checking up on your benefit entitlements.
- You need to spend at least a week there to get the full benefit.
- In 1986 more than three million were receiving unemployment benefit.
- She derived no benefit from the course of drugs.
Synonyms for Benefit with Examples | Infographic