The acronym “BHS” can be used to represent many things, but there is one popular phrase that it is used to represent online and in text. This article will focus on that phrase and its meaning, as well as provide you with origin information surrounding that phrase and the acronym and give you some other meanings for the acronym also. Conversation examples are provided for you as well so you can see how this acronym is used properly in context to help you gain a better understanding of its meaning. Finally, you will discover some synonymous phrases that you can use as a seamless alternative for this acronym and the phrase that it stands for without changing its meaning.
What Does BHS Mean?
This term is used as an acronym in online chatting and text messaging to most commonly represent the phrase “be home soon.” It is used to let someone know that you will be returning home shortly.
Origin of BHS
There are no specific details given for the first usage of the term “be home soon” or the acronym that represents it. However, it can be said that this has been a popular phrase that has been used as a regular part of speech for a very long time. Therefore, like most other phrases, when the internet and text message became the preferred method of communication, many popular phrases were shortened to acronyms such as this in order to make them easier, quicker, and most convenient to type.
As is the case with many acronyms that are used today, this one can also represent many other things from random phrases to specific and official titles. While this is not an all-inclusive list because there are just too many to make mention of them all, a few examples of the other things this acronym can stand for are “Black Hat Society,” “Baggage Handling System,” “Bulk Handling System,” “Bureau of Health Services,” and “Biological & Health Sciences.”
A discussion between husband and wife via text message.
- Wife: What time are you going to be home tonight?
- Husband: I will BHS actually. I am getting off early tonight.
- Wife: Okay. On your way home can you please pick up some milk, so I can finish dinner.
- Husband: I sure can! I will see you soon!
An online discussion between two Facebook users.
- User 1: I have been unable to reach you on your phone. Are you coming home?
- User 2: I will actually BHS! You couldn’t reach me because my phone was off while in the air. I have landed though, and I am waiting to get my rental car to drive over the house.
- User 1: Okay! I can’t wait to see you! It seems like you have been away at college forever already!
Synonyms of BHS
There are several other phrases that you can use in place of the phrase “be home soon” and the acronym that is used to represent it. Some other phrases that you can use in its place include:
- coming home soon
- be there soon
- be home shortly
BHS Meaning Infographic