The slang phrase “burger king foot lettuce” is one phrase you don’t want to take on a literal meaning. Sadly, it did in 2012. Read on to find out the meaning of this phrase and the story of its origin. You will also find some other meanings if there are any to be found and some alternative phrases you can use to mean the same thing. Also, you can read the conversation examples offered to gain some further insight and understanding regarding the meaning of this slang phrase.
Burger King Foot Lettuce
What Does “Burger King Foot Lettuce” Mean?
The slang phrase “burger king foot lettuce” means something disgusting that you do not want to see on your food from a public restaurant.
Origin of “Burger King Foot Lettuce”
The slang phrase “burger king foot lettuce” originated from a set of photographs that went viral after being posted on the social media site 4chan. The photos showed a Burger King employee putting his foot in the lettuce at one of the restaurants and then presumably that lettuce was placed on burgers served to the public. The pictures were posted to the site on July 16th, 2012 and were sent to the local news.
The Burger King franchise was identified, along with the guilty employee who was terminated. After appearing on the news, the pictures became the subject of parodies, memes, and other viral media resulting in its popularity.
There are currently no other known meanings of the slang phrase “burger king foot lettuce.”
A text discussion between mother and daughter.
- Mother: I am making burgers for dinner. What do you want on yours?
- Daughter: Just the usual mom. And hold the burger king foot lettuce!
- Mother: The what?!?
- Daughter: LOL! Nevermind!
An online discussion between two forum users.
- User 1: I have had some disgusting things in my life, but I am happy I never got any of that burger king foot lettuce!
- User 2: Yeah, that was pretty gross. There have been similar incidents though in the past. I am sure it’s not the last occurrence that we will ever see.
- User 1: And that is exactly why I try to eat at home so I know exactly what is in my food.
Alternatives to “Burger King Foot Lettuce”
There are several alternatives that you can use to replace the slang phrase “burger king foot lettuce” in conversation. Some of the alternative phrases you could use include:
- disgusting stuff on food
- gross stuff on food
- inappropriate things added to food