Have you ever heard somebody using the term bushel and a peck during a conversation? If so, you may have wondered what the speaker was trying to refer to. We are going to take a look at the meaning of this phrase as well as where it originally came from. We are also going to look at some examples of how the phrase can be used in day to day conversation.
Bushel And A Peck
Bushel And A Peck Meaning
The idiomatic term bushel and a peck refers to how much someone loves somebody else.
Origin of this romantic saying
The term bushel and a peck finds its origins in music as the saying originally came from the lyrics of a song.
“Bushel And A Peck” Examples
Examples in Statements
We are now going to take a look at some examples of how the term bushel and a peck can be used within a sentence.
The first statement is being made by a husband to his wife.
- You know I love you a bushel and a peck but I am still going out tonight.
The second statement is being made by a news reporter.
- The couple have been married for 60 years and you can see that they love one another a bushel and a peck.
You are likely to see the term bushel and a peck being used in many day to day conversations. We are now going to take a look at some examples of how this might appear.
The first conversation is one which is taking place between a mother and a child.
- Person 1: “Mummy, do you love me?”
- Person 2: “I love you a bushel and a peck my darling.”
The next conversation is taking place between two friends.
- Person 1: “Have you seen how loved up Anna and Paul are?”
- Person 2: “Yes, they are inseparable.”
- Person 1: “I think they will go the long haul, it’s clear that they love each other a bushel and a peck.”
Other Ways to Say the Idiom
You might like to use different wording to say the term a bushel and a peck and there are ways in which you can do this.
Let’s take a look at some of these now.
- To love somebody greatly.
- To be deeply in love.
Bushel And A Peck | Picture
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023
- Solidarity Meaning: What’s the Definition of the Term “Solidarity”? - November 28, 2023
- Compassion Meaning: What Does “Compassion” Mean? - November 28, 2023