The car consists of many different car parts with many functions.
A car or automobile is a wheeled motor vehicle used for transportation. Most definitions of car say they run primarily on roads, seat one to eight people, have four tires, and mainly transport people rather than goods.
Car Parts Vocabulary in English
Parts of a Car Vocabulary in English
– The headlight on the near side isn’t working.
– She glanced at herself in the mirror.
– Do you mind if I open the window of this car?
Trunk (US)/ Boot (UK)
– The police found his body in the trunk of a car.
– I will also make sure that my brake lights are operating properly.
Tire (US)/ Tyre (UK)
– A nail pierced the tire of his car.
– Now I lock my car doors when I drive through town.
– Along with a new wheel design, new hubcaps were introduced.
Gas tank (US)/ Petrol tank (UK)
– Please fill up the gas tank.
Windshield (US)/ windscreen (UK)
– It is dangerous to drive with a dirty windshield.
Hood (US)/ Bonnet (UK)
– I’ll need to check under the bonnet.
– The stone made a dent in the roof of my car.
– We use turn signal when turning or changing lanes.
– She started the car with a jerk and hit the bumper of the car in front.
– My hand groped for the door handle.
– She glanced in the rear-view mirror and saw the headlight of the traffic behind her.
Windshield wiper (US)/ Windscreen wiper (UK)
– The windshield wipers kept noisily slapping the body of the car.
License plate (US)/ Number plate (UK)
– Did anyone see the car’s license plate?
Parts of A Car Vocabulary | Picture
List of Car Parts | Kids Vocabulary
Transportation Vocabulary in English
- Vehicles Vocabulary
- Bicycle Parts Vocabulary
- Parts of A Car Vocabulary
- Types of Ships and Boats
- Types of Trucks
- Parts of an Aircraft
- Parts of a Motorcycle
- Road Signs Vocabulary