Car Parts! List of different parts of a car in English with examples and pictures. If you are driving through an English speaking country and suddenly find yourself having car trouble, you are going to need to call for roadside assistance or take your car to the nearest garage. If this happens, you will find things will be much more easy if you are able to refer to the names of the different car parts.
In this section, you will be able to learn the English names of the parts of a car which will grow your vocabulary and help you in communicating
A car or automobile is a wheeled motor vehicle used for transportation.
Parts of a Car
- Trunk (US)/ Boot (UK)
- Brake light
- Tire (US)/ Tyre (UK)
- Gas tank (US)/ Petrol tank (UK)
- Windshield (US)/ windscreen (UK)
- Hood (US)/ Bonnet (UK)
- Turn signal/ Blinker
- Door handle
- Rear-view mirror
- Windshield wiper (US)/ Windscreen wiper (UK)
- License plate (US)/ Number plate (UK)
Parts of a Car Image
Car Parts Names with Examples
Learn these names of auto parts to improve and enhance your vocabulary words in English.
– The headlight on the near side isn’t working.
– She glanced at herself in the mirror.
– Do you mind if I open the window of this car?
Trunk (US)/ Boot (UK)
– The police found his body in the trunk of a car.
– I will also make sure that my brake lights are operating properly.
Tire (US)/ Tyre (UK)
– A nail pierced the tire of his car.
– Now I lock my car doors when I drive through town.
– Along with a new wheel design, new hubcaps were introduced.
Gas tank (US)/ Petrol tank (UK)
– Please fill up the gas tank.
Windshield (US)/ windscreen (UK)
– It is dangerous to drive with a dirty windshield.
Hood (US)/ Bonnet (UK)
– I’ll need to check under the bonnet.
– The stone made a dent in the roof of my car.
Turn signal/ Blinker
– We use turn signal when turning or changing lanes.
– She started the car with a jerk and hit the bumper of the car in front.
– My hand groped for the door handle.
– She glanced in the rear-view mirror and saw the headlight of the traffic behind her.
Windshield wiper (US)/ Windscreen wiper (UK)
– The windshield wipers kept noisily slapping the body of the car.
License plate (US)/ Number plate (UK)
– Did anyone see the car’s license plate?
Car Parts Names | Picture
Car Parts Video
Learn different auto parts with American English pronunciation.
List of transportation and vehicles vocabulary words in English with different categories.
- Types of vehicles in English with pictures.
- Bicycle parts vocabulary words illustrated with images.
- Car parts vocabulary words with picture.
- Types of ships and boats: ship names and boat names in English.
- Types of trucks in English.
- Aircraft parts in English with pictures.
- Motorcycle parts in English.
- Road signs names in the UK with pictures.