Learning Chairs Vocabulary in English.
Chair is a piece of furniture with a raised surface supported by legs, commonly used to seat a single person. Chairs are supported most often by four legs and have a back; however, a chair can have three legs or can have a different shape. Chairs are made of a wide variety of materials and they may be padded or upholstered in various colors and fabrics.
Chairs appear in a number of rooms in homes (e.g. in living rooms, in bedrooms, …), in schools and offices, and in various other workplaces.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Different Types of Chairs
- 1.1 Sofa
- 1.2 Park bench
- 1.3 Upholstered bench
- 1.4 Armchair
- 1.5 Cantilever chair
- 1.6 Wing chair
- 1.7 Deck chair
- 1.8 Desk chair
- 1.9 Barber chair/ Salon chair
- 1.10 Operator chair
- 1.11 Executive chair
- 1.12 Garden chair
- 1.13 Director’s chair
- 1.14 Chair
- 1.15 Folding chair
- 1.16 Throne
- 1.17 Ladderback chair
- 1.18 Stool
- 1.19 Windsor chair
- 1.20 Wheelchair
- 1.21 Waiting room seat
- 1.22 Wooden outdoor chair/ Adirondack chair (U.S.)
- 1.23 Student chair
- 1.24 Dining room chair
- 1.25 Wood chair
- 2 Chairs Vocabulary in English | Picture
- 3 Chairs Vocabulary in English | Video for Kids
List of Different Types of Chairs
– He lies in the sofa asleep.
– We sat on a park bench and talked.
– There are two upholstered benches in her bedroom.
– He ensconced himself in the armchair.
– Do you like this cantilever chair?
– She knocked and opened the door and saw Patrick asleep in his wing chair.
– I spent Sunday reclining in a deck chair.
– She slung her coat over her desk chair.
Barber chair/ Salon chair
– She went to the hair salon and sat on the salon chair then.
– We’ll need operator chairs.
– Tom went back to his executive chair and sat down.
– She ordered a garden chair for her husband.
– The old man sat in the director’s chair with his eyes closed.
– He was sitting in a chair.
– He likes to bring the folding chair with him when he goes fishing.
– He sits on the throne.
– There are 3 ladderback chairs in this room.
– He was perched on a bar stool, ordering a beer.
– Mary sat down in her windsor chair.
– He’s been confined to a wheelchair since the accident.
Waiting room seat
– I feel uncomfortable in this waiting room seat.
Wooden outdoor chair/ Adirondack chair (U.S.)
– I leaned back in the wooden outdoor chair and stretched.
– Susan sat down on student chair to study.
Dining room chair
– Could you move this dining room chair a bit?
– The wood chair is expensive.