Types of Chairs! List of chair styles in English with names and useful pictures.There are many different types of chairs and perhaps you will have the need to ask for a specific one whilst speaking with a native English speaker. If this is the case, it will be super handy to know the words for the different types of chairs.
By being able to refer to the different types of chairs with their correct English names, you will be adding valuable words to your vocabulary as well as allowing yourself to sound much more like a native speaker of the language.
Types of Chairs
Chair is a piece of furniture with a raised surface supported by legs, commonly used to seat a single person. Chairs appear in a number of rooms in homes (e.g. in living rooms, in bedrooms, …), in schools and offices, and in various other workplaces.
List of Chair Styles
- Park bench
- Upholstered bench
- Cantilever chair
- Wing chair
- Deck chair
- Desk chair
- Barber chair/ Salon chair
- Operator chair
- Executive chair
- Garden chair
- Director’s chair
- Folding chair
- Ladderback chair
- Windsor chair
- Waiting room seat
- Wooden outdoor chair/ Adirondack chair (U.S.)
- Student chair
- Dining room chair
- Wood chair
Chair Names with Pictures and Examples
Learn these chair types with examples to improve your vocabulary in English.
– He lies in the sofa asleep.
– We sat on a park bench and talked.
– There are two upholstered benches in her bedroom.
– He ensconced himself in the armchair.
– Do you like this cantilever chair?
– She knocked and opened the door and saw Patrick asleep in his wing chair.
– I spent Sunday reclining in a deck chair.
– She slung her coat over her desk chair.
Barber chair/ Salon chair
– She went to the hair salon and sat on the salon chair then.
– We’ll need operator chairs.
– Tom went back to his executive chair and sat down.
– She ordered a garden chair for her husband.
– The old man sat in the director’s chair with his eyes closed.
– He was sitting in a chair.
– He likes to bring the folding chair with him when he goes fishing.
– He sits on the throne.
– There are 3 ladderback chairs in this room.
– He was perched on a bar stool, ordering a beer.
– Mary sat down in her windsor chair.
– He’s been confined to a wheelchair since the accident.
Waiting room seat
– I feel uncomfortable in this waiting room seat.
Wooden outdoor chair/ Adirondack chair (U.S.)
– I leaned back in the wooden outdoor chair and stretched.
– Susan sat down on student chair to study.
Dining room chair
– Could you move this dining room chair a bit?
– The wood chair is expensive.
List of Chair Styles with Names | Types of Chairs Image
Chair Styles | Types of Chairs Video
Chair styles video with American English pronunciation.
Learn different types of furniture in English with examples and pictures.