Chaser meaning! Over the years, we have adopted acceptable slang terms that everyone uses in everyday informal communication. One of these acceptable slang terms is the word “chaser.” In the article below, you will learn the definition of this term and discover where the slang term originated.
You will also discover other meanings of the term if any are available. Finally, you can see sample conversations to learn how to properly use the term and discover some other ways to say the word to convey the same meaning.
What Does Chaser Mean?
The meaning of the slang term “chaser” means that someone seeks out partners for romantic and sexual relationships based on one particular quality that a person has.
Origin of Chaser
Although there is no clear origin of when this term began to be used as slang in the sense described above, the first appearance of the word “chaser” to mean someone who chases someone occurred in the 13th century. Since even the slang term means to chase someone for a certain quality they possess, it is logical to assume this definition was applied to certain sexual and physical aspects also to create the slang meaning.
Another meaning of the word “chaser” is used to describe an alcoholic drink that someone uses to follow behind a previous drink of alcohol, which typically helps to make it go down smoother. Another meaning of the word “chaser” is someone who produces ornamental metal, commonly known as chasing. Finally, the last meaning of the word “chaser” defines it as being a tool used to cut the threads of screws.
A conversation between two friends discussing the type of women they like.
- Friend 1: I don’t know about you, but I like my women with a little meat on their bones.
- Friend 2: Really? Most men don’t like a bigger woman.
- Friend 1: What can I say? I’m a real chubby chaser.
A conversation between two lawyers at the office.
- Lawyer 1: I am thinking of putting our firm name on the side of some city buses just to drum up some business.
- Lawyer 2: Do you think that’s necessary?
- Lawyer 1: Seeing as how we need some clients, I don’t see we have a choice in the matter but to contend with all the other ambulance chasers.
Alternatives to “Chaser”
Some other ways to say the slang term “chaser” include:
- I like this/that
- I think this/that is most attractive
- I am extremely attracted to this/that