What Does Chica Mean?
‘Chica’ is a Spanish word for a girl, just as ‘chico’ is the Spanish word for a boy. Girls who are normally called ‘chica’ are referred to as extremely good-looking and/or the other person takes pride in knowing them.
The Spanish word was starting to grow in popularity during the late 2000s as guys tried to figure out a more polite way of saying, ‘your smoking hot babe’.
Ways you will find ‘chica’ being used.
- Texter 1: Hey chica how you doing babe?
- Texter 2: I’m good, even better now that you messaged.
Here you find it being used by a guy simply saying, ‘hey girl’.
- Boy: Hey what are you doing later?
- Girl: I have some homework.
- Boy: Really? So are you gonna be busy all night?
- Girl: I guess I could take a break if it was for a good reason.
- Boy: You, me dinner at 8. I will take you to your favorite spot.
- Girl: And now how could I say no to that.
- Boy: That’s my chica.
Sometimes it is used at the ends of conversations just as often as the start, as you see here where a boy is trying to get his girlfriend to take a break and have dinner with him, saying ‘chica’ at the end is him telling her she is his girl.
- gonna – going to
Chica Meaning Infographic