There are a lot of Christmas vocabulary can be used with or without the word ‘Christmas’…
Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.
Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world’s nations, is celebrated religiously by a majority of Christians, as well as culturally by many non-Christians, and forms an integral part of the holiday season. In several countries, celebrating Christmas Eve has the main focus rather than Christmas Day.
Christmas vocabulary words – Here are typical words that people use when talking about or at Christmas.
Christmas Vocabulary in English
– Molly was sitting on the couch and eating candy canes.
– I was roused by the sound of bells.
Bauble/ Christmas ornament
– A fool should never hold baubles in his hand.
– I need a wax candle now.
– The little girl tied the ribbon in a bow.
– The hall was festooned with Christmas lights and holly.
– All the children will receive a small gift.
– I need to buy & Christmas tree and poinsettia.
– A Christmas wreath hung on the front door.
– She wreathed flowers into a garland.
– At Christmas they decorated the hall with coloured flags, paper and lights.
– Do you want a piece of candy?
– She has lost a pair of stockings.
– In the biscuit form, it commonly takes the form of a gingerbread man.
– He turns the snow globe and smiles at the tiny winter wonderland.
– They are ornamenting a Christmas tree.
– The meal will finish off with Christmas pudding, a steamed fruit pudding.
– I want to buy this Santa’s hat.
– Every room in the house has a fireplace.
– Cherie and Kelly want you to try making a gingerbread house.
– The children are longing for Santa Claus to arrive.
– In fact, Pick was an elf.
– We can make a snowman on a snowy day.
– The sleigh jingled along the snowy road.
– Reindeer roam the tundra in large herds.
– Santa’s sack has many gifts for children.
– She sent me a Christmas card.
– He believes Santa Claus comes in through the chimney.
– This menorah is very beautiful.
– A single snowflake landed on her nose.
Christmas Vocabulary | Images
Christmas Vocabulary | Image 1
Christmas Vocabulary | Image 2
Christmas Vocabulary | Image 3