Collocations with ASK! List of common collocations and expressions with ASK in English with example sentences and ESL picture.
Big list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with ASK
List of Expressions with Ask
- Ask a favour
- Ask a question
- Ask about
- Ask after somebody
- Ask for advice
- Ask for directions
- Ask for something
- Ask permission
- Ask sb out
- Ask if/ whether
Examples of Collocations with ASK
Ask a favour
- Can I ask a favour?
Ask a question
- Sally interrupted me in midstream to ask a question.
- I want to ask you about your opinion about this book.
Ask after somebody
- Tell your father I was asking after him.
Ask for advice
- You should go to your doctor and ask for advice.
Ask for directions
- How do you ask for directions in Korea?
Ask for something
- He never speaks to me other than to ask for something.
- You must ask permission if you want to leave early.
Ask sb out
- He asked her out to dinner.
Ask if/ whether
- Tom asked if she wanted a cup of coffee.
Expressions with ASK | Picture
3 thoughts on “Expressions with ASK: 10 Useful Collocations with ASK”
Nice and easy way to teach ESL.
very useful article
It would be nice to replace the old expression “asking after” for the modern one “asking for”