Learn common collocations with ASK in English with examples.
Useful Collocations with ASK in English
Ask a favour
- Can I ask a favour?
Ask a question
- Sally interrupted me in midstream to ask a question.
- I want to ask you about your opinion about this book.
Ask after somebody
- Tell your father I was asking after him.
Ask for advice
- You should go to your doctor and ask for advice.
Ask for directions
- How do you ask for directions in Korea?
Ask for something
- He never speaks to me other than to ask for something.
- You must ask permission if you want to leave early.
Ask sb out
- He asked her out to dinner.
Ask if/ whether
- Tom asked if she wanted a cup of coffee.
Common Collocations with ASK | Picture
Collocation Examples For English Learners
List of 2500+ Common Collocations
Useful List of Commonly Used Verb Collocations to Speak English Fluently.