Collocations with Break! Learn commonly used collocations and expressions with Break in English with example sentences and ESL picture to improve your English.
Useful list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with BREAK
List of Expressions with Break
- Break a bone
- Break a code
- Break a habit
- Break a law
- Break a promise
- Break a record
- Break a window
- Break ground
- Break new ground
- Break the news
- Break one’s fall
- Break someone’s heart
- Break the rules
- Break the silence
- Break the spell
Examples of Collocations with Break
Break a bone
- Tom broke his bone while striking his final goal.
Break a code
- Scientists worked day and night to break the code.
Break a habit
- Do you know it takes 28 days to break a habit?
Break a law
- If you break a law, you go to prison.
Break a promise
- I know he wouldn’t break a promise to me, so I try to keep this promise.
Break a record
- “You and me, today we’re going to break a record, ” he said.
Break a window
- I had to break a window to get into the house.
- They will break ground on the new housing project next week.
Break new ground
- I don’t have to break new ground here.
Break the news
- The police had to break the news to the boy’s parents.
Break one’s fall
- Luckily, a bush broke his fall.
Break someone’s heart
- It would break her heart when they’d have to leave .
Break the rules
- If you break the rules and get caught, you should be penalized.
Break the silence
- I was the first one to break the silence in my family.
Break the spell
- We have to make our own rules to break the spell.