Collocations with DO! List of common collocations and expressions with DO in English with example sentences and ESL pictures to improve your English.
Huge list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with DO
List of Expressions with DO
- Do a course
- Do a deal
- Do a favour
- Do a good/great/terrible job
- Do a report
- Do anything/something/everything
- Do badly
- Do better
- Do business
- Do the crossword
- Do damage
- Do exercise
- Do experiments
- Do good
- Do gymnastics
- Do harm
- Do homework
- Do laundry
- Do nothing
- Do research
- Do someone a favour
- Do something right
- Do something wrong
- Do sums
- Do the cleaning
- Do the cooking
- Do the dishes
- Do the housework
- Do the ironing
- Do the math
- Do the maximum
- Do the minimum
- Do the paperwork
- Do the right thing
- Do the shopping
- Do the washing up
- Do well
- Do work
- Do your best
- Do your duty
- Do someone’s hair
- Do your makeup
Examples of Collocations with DO
Do a course
- I want to do a course in Math.
Do a deal
- The unions are ready to do a deal over pay.
Do a favour
- Couldn’t you do a favour and leave me alone?
Do a good/great/terrible job
- He may be able to do a good job, but I doubt it.
Do a report
- Could you do a report for me?
- You can’t do everything by yourself – let me help you.
- Children do badly at school for a variety of reasons.
- We’ll do better next time, I’m sure.
- It’s been a pleasure to do business with you.
Do the crossword
- I like to sit down and do the crossword.
- Did the flood do much damage?
- I really enjoy doing exercise every day.
- In my business, we have to do experiments every day.
- If I do good next year, I can come out then.
- We don’t do gymnastics at school.
- Drugs can do harm to you.
- I like to do homework.
- She loves to do laundry.
- I can do nothing about it.
- He stayed on at university to do research.
Do someone a favour
- Could you do me a favour and pass these sandwiches round?
Do something right
- I did something right at work
Do something wrong
- He did something wrong and felt bad
- Calculators were forbidden until students could do sums in their heads.
Do the cleaning
- It’s your turn to do the cleaning.
Do the cooking
- I don’t mind eating in if you do the cooking.
Do the dishes
- He often helps his wife do the dishes.
Do the housework
- We take it in turns to do the housework.
Do the ironing
- I have to do the ironing, and there’s lots of it.
Do the math
- Why do you have no savings? You do the math.
Do the maximum
- I’ll just do the maximum possible and I am happy with that.
Do the minimum
- He thought he was smart to save everything and do the minimum.
Do the paperwork
- I’ll do the paperwork, even if she stays less than a month.
Do the right thing
- He was relying on his bosses to do the right thing.
Do the shopping
- I always do the shopping on a Monday.
Do the washing up
- It’s your turn to do the washing up!
- A business can’t do well without good management.
- Students do work experience in local firms.
Do your best
- It doesn’t matter if you fail, just do your best.
Do your duty
- Do your duty without regard to the consequences.
Do someone’s hair
- She was sitting in front of the mirror doing her hair.
Do your makeup
- How long does it take you to do your makeup?
Expressions with DO | Pictures
Collocations with DO: Useful Expressions with DO Image 1
Collocations with DO: Useful Expressions with DO Image 2