Collocations with GET! List of common collocations and expressions with GET in English with example sentences and ESL picture to improve your English fluency.
Big list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with GET
List of Collocations with GET
- Get a call
- Get a chance
- Get a clue
- Get a cold
- Get a degree/ a diploma
- Get a job
- Get a joke
- Get a letter (receive)
- Get a shock
- Get a splitting headache
- Get a tan
- Get a ticket
- Get a/the right
- Get angry
- Get changed (change clothes)
- Get cool
- Get dark
- Get divorced
- Get dressed/ undressed
- Get drunk
- Get fired
- Get frightened
- Get good/top/bad marks
- Get home (arrive)
- Get hot(ter)
- Get hungry
- Get into trouble
- Get lost
- Get married
- Get nowhere
- Get old
- Get one’s hair cut
- Get out of breath
- Get permission
- Get pregnant
- Get ready for
- Get sleep
- Get started
- Get stuck (in a traffic jam)
- Get the impression
- Get the message
- Get the ticket (buy)
- Get tired
- Get to sleep
- Get together
- Get upset
- Get wet
- Get worried
Examples of Collocations with GET
List of collocations with get with example sentences.
Get a call
- I didn’t get a call from anyone
Get a chance
- I get a chance to sleep in at the weekend.
Get a clue
- You get a clue, and follow that up.
Get a cold
- It’s tough because you always get a cold in the wintertime.
Get a degree/ a diploma
- My goals were to go back to school and get a degree.
Get a job
- He wanted to see if he could get a job with us.
Get a joke
- I go there to get a joke each day.
Get a letter (receive)
- I got a letter from my friend in Bangkok.
Get a shock
- They’ll get a shock when they get this bill.
Get a splitting headache
- Tom says he’s got a splitting headache and falls in half.
Get a tan
- I wish I could get a tan like that.
Get a ticket
- Can you get a ticket for me?
Get a/the right
- We cast our net wide to get the right person for the job.
- He was beginning to get angry.
Get changed (change clothes)
- I didn’t have time to get changed before the party.
- It will probably get cool later, so bring a coat.
- It gets dark very early in the winter.
- I got divorced when I was about 31.
Get dressed/ undressed
- The first thing I do in the morning is get dressed.
- She got drunk and fell over.
- She didn’t want to get fired.
- She gets frightened when he shouts at her.
Get good/top/bad marks
- If Peter is lazy, he will get bad marks.
Get home (arrive)
- I didn’t get home till after dinnertime.
- It’s getting hotter.
- If you get hungry , there’s some cold chicken in the fridge.
Get into trouble
- If you get into trouble, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- We always get lost in London.
- Tom and Sarah are getting married.
- You’ll get nowhere if you follow his instruction.
- He’s getting old and his hearing isn’t very good.
Get one’s hair cut
- I want to know where Sarah got her hair cut.
Get out of breath
- If you get out of breath at any time, go back to walking.
- You need to get permission from the owner.
- My wife took 2 years to get pregnant.
Get ready for
- Are you ready, Tom? I got ready for bed.
- It’s important to get sleep so don’t stay up too long.
- We couldn’t wait to get started on the next job.
Get stuck (in a traffic jam)
- I got stuck in a traffic jam.
Get the impression
- I got the impression she was a little preoccupied.
Get the message
- We want to get the message to them and let them decide.
Get the ticket (buy)
- Where am I going to get a ticket?
- I get tired of educating people.
Get to sleep
- He couldn’t get to sleep because he was too excited.
- Shall we get together on Friday and go for a drink or something?
- I knew John would get upset when he got the sack.
- You get wet in the rain.
- I started to get worried when they didn’t arrive home.
Collocations with GET | Picture
Learn useful collocations with get in English illustrated with pictures and example sentences.
Useful Collocations with GET | Picture 1
Useful Collocations with GET | Picture 2
(48 Useful Collocations with GET with Examples)
Last Updated on April 3, 2020