Collocations with Give! Learn commonly used collocations and expressions with Give in English with example sentences and ESL picture to improve your English.
Huge list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with GIVE
List of Expressions with Give
- Give a call (a ring, a buzz)
- Give a chance
- Give a choice
- Give a damn
- Give a hand
- Give a headache
- Give a hug or kiss
- Give a lecture or speech or performance
- Give a ride
- Give an advice
- Give an answer
- Give an example
- Give an idea
- Give an opinion
- Give birth
- Give credit
- Give evidence
- Give notice
- Give permission
- Give priority
- Give rise to
- Give somebody a call
- Give somebody a chance
- Give somebody a lift
- Give something a go
- Give the impression
- Give thought (to)
- Give hope
- Give way
Examples of Collocations with Give
Learn common collocations with give with example sentences.
Give a call (a ring, a buzz)
- Give me a call to let me know you’ve arrived safely.
Give a chance
- Let me give a chance for the youngsters
Give a choice
- I was given no choice; I had to go to the boring lecture.
Give a damn
- She doesn’t give a damn about her job.
Give a hand
- He always give a hand to anyone in difficulty.
Give a headache
- The noise was giving her a headache.
Give a hug or kiss
- Come here and give me a hug!
Give a lecture or speech or performance
- The president will give a long speech.
Give a ride
- I’ve got to get into town. Can you give me a ride?
Give an advice
- We are here to give people advice about health issues.
Give an answer
- John always gives perfect answers in class.
Give an example
- John gave Iceland as an example of a cold country.
Give an idea
- He gave an idea for new project so he got a promotion.
Give an opinion
- He didn’t give an opinion on the matter.
- I’m pregnant and I’ll give birth.
- You have to give credit to her for turning the match around.
- I was asked to give evidence at the trial.
- She’s given notice that she intends to leave.
- The city authorities gave permission for the rally to take place.
- They must also give priority to looked after children in care.
Give rise to
- They can give rise to cosmetic concerns.
Give somebody a call
- I’ll give you a call later in the week.
Give somebody a chance
- It gives me a chance to get away from soccer a little.
Give somebody a lift
- Please give me a lift onto the saddle.
Give something a go
- I doubt if he’ll listen to advice from me, but I’ll give it a go.
Give the impression
- His body did not give the impression of age.
Give thought (to)
- Have you given any more thought to going back to school?
- This book can and will give hope to the hopeless.
- You must give way to any pedestrians on the crossing.
Expressions with Give | Picture
Useful Collocations with GIVE in English
Collocations with GIVE: 29 Useful Expressions with GIVE