Learn useful collocations with PAY in English with examples.
Common Collocations with PAY
Pay a bill
- I refuse to pay a bill if I am not satisfied with the service.
Pay a fine
- If you break the law, you sometimes have to pay a fine.
Pay a visit
- If you have time, pay a visit to the local museum.
- The teacher told the student to pay attention to his spelling.
Pay by credit card
- You can shop online and pay by credit card.
- We’ll have to pay cash for the tickets.
- Afterward, they pay interest at a rate of 6.65 percent.
Pay one’s respects
- We should go over and pay our respects to the new neighbors.
Pay someone a compliment
- Tom paid Bill a compliment when he told him he was intelligent.
Pay someone a visit
- We need to pay grandma a visit.
Useful Collocations with PAY | Picture
Collocation Examples For English Learners
List of 2500+ Common Collocations
Useful List of Commonly Used Verb Collocations to Speak English Fluently.