Collocations with Tell! Learn commonly used collocations and expressions with Tell in English with example sentences and ESL picture to improve your English.
Useful list of verb noun collocations in English.
Collocations with TELL
List of Expressions with Tell
- Tell a joke
- Tell a lie
- Tell a secret
- Tell a story
- Tell the time
- Tell the difference
- Tell someone’s future
- Tell the truth
- Tell your name
Examples of Collocations with Tell
Tell a joke
- The host tell a joke to his guest to break the ice.
Tell a lie
- My mother and dad taught me never to tell a lie.
Tell a secret
- Come over here, Luke wants to tell you a secret.
Tell a story
- Gather (a)round and I’ll tell you a story.
Tell the time
- My daughter has just learned to tell the time.
Tell the difference
- Can you tell the difference between apes and monkeys?
Tell the truth
- I felt it was my duty to tell them the truth.
Tell your name
- If I get an award I’ll tell your name first on the stage.
Expressions with Tell | Picture
Last Updated on August 17, 2023