Learn common collocations with TELL in English with examples.
Collocations with the Word TELL in English
Tell a joke
- The host tell a joke to his guest to break the ice.
Tell a lie
- My mother and dad taught me never to tell a lie.
Tell a secret
- Come over here, Luke wants to tell you a secret.
Tell a story
- Gather (a)round and I’ll tell you a story.
Tell the time
- My daughter has just learned to tell the time.
Tell the difference
- Can you tell the difference between apes and monkeys?
Tell someone’s future
- At the fair, there was a lady who told your fortune.
Tell the truth
- I felt it was my duty to tell them the truth.
Tell your name
- If I get an award I’ll tell your name first on the stage.
Useful Collocations with TELL | Picture
Collocation Examples For English Learners
List of 2500+ Common Collocations
Useful List of Commonly Used Verb Collocations to Speak English Fluently.