Learn extensive list of common verbs in English through pictures and examples…
Common Verbs in English
Learn Useful Action Verbs in English with Pictures.
Action Verbs Vocabulary
- Sit down
- Stand up
- Watch TV
- Turn on
- Turn off
- Throw away
Action Verbs | Image 1
Action Verbs | Image 2
Common Action Words in English with Pictures.
Verbs of Body Movement
List of useful English Verbs of Body Movement.
Verbs of Body Movement Vocabulary
- Pick up
- Put down
- Lie down
Verbs of Body Movement | Image
List of Cooking Verbs in English with Pictures.
Cooking Verbs Vocabulary
- Roll out
Cooking Verbs | Image
Daily Routines and Activities
Learn how to Describe your Daily Routines in English.
Daily Routines and Activities Vocabulary
- Do the laundry
- Hang the clothes
- Iron the clothes
- Make the bed
- Go to bed
- Wake up
- Brush the teeth
- Drive to work
- Get home
- Take a bath
- Brush your hair
- Surf the net
- Play with friends
- Go to school
- Go shopping
- Wash the car
- Get dressed
- Go out with a friend
- Take pictures
- Play the guitar
- Water the plant
- Go for a walk
- Have breakfast
- Have lunch
- Have dinner
- Make dinner
- Fold the laundry
- Surf the net
- Feed the dog
- Take a taxi
- Wait for the bus
- Paint the picture
- Have a break (U.K) – Take a break (U.S)
- Walk the dog
- Take out the rubbish (U.S)
- Sweep the floor
- Rake the leaves
- Read the news
- Clean the window
- Cut the grass
- Do the dishes
- Paint the house
Daily Routines and Activities | Image 1
Daily Routines and Activities | Image 2
Here is list of 20+ Classroom Verbs in English.
Classroom Verbs Vocabulary
Classroom Verbs | Image
Housework and Repair Verbs
Let’s learn Housework and Repair Verbs in English with pictures.
Housework and Repair Verbs Vocabulary
- Make (the bed)
- Change (the sheets)
- Take out (the rubbish/ garbage)
- Wipe off (the table)
Housework and Repair Verbs| Image
Learn useful Restaurant Verbs and Vocabulary to use at a restaurant.
Restaurant Verbs Vocabulary
- Give – The waiter gives me the menu.
- Drink – Can I have something to drink?
- Serve – They serve good nosh in the cafeteria.
- Pay – Can I pay by installment payment?
- Eat – You can’t eat your cake and have it.
- Cook – The pizza will then take about twenty minutes to cook.
- Hold – Hold the knife at an angle.
- Light – Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
- Order – What do you suggest I order?
- Spread – He spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
- Lift – He couldn’t lift the table and no more could I.
- Write – Write it down on a piece of paper.
- Slice – It’s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle.
- Stack – They are specially packaged so that they stack easily.
- Set (the table) – He is setting the table…
Restaurant Verbs | Image
Sport and Exercise Actions
List of Sport and Exercise Actions Vocabulary.
Sport and Exercise Verbs Vocabulary
- Walk – Don’t try to walk before you can crawl.
- Run – Do not run too fast after gain.
- Stretch – Breathe in through your nose as you stretch up.
- Jump – Can you jump over the river?
- Bounce – Bounce the ball and try and hit it over the net.
- Serve – Serving is arguably the most important aspect of the game, as it is the one shot which has to be in every single rally.
- Lie down – For this exercise, it is best to lie down, or sit with both feet on the floor.
- Sit – Sit on the floor, stretching your legs out in front of you.
- Bend – Lie flat and let your knees bend.
- Kneel – Do not run, stand, kneel or spin in the slide.
- Ride – Life is a horse, and either you ride it or it rides you.
- Kick – The kids love to kick a ball against my wall.
- Hop – I tried to hop on my good foot while holding onto Jim…