List of different types of verbs for kids in English. Learn these frequently used verbs with verbs pictures to improve and enhance your vocabulary in English.
Learn more with extensive list of verbs in English through pictures and examples…
Common Verbs for Kids
Action Verbs for Kids
Action Verbs Vocabulary
- Sit down
- Stand up
- Watch TV
- Turn on
- Turn off
- Throw away
Action Verbs | Image
Common action Words in English with pictures.
Verbs of Body Movement
Body Movement Verbs List
- Pick up
- Put down
- Lie down
Verbs of Body Movement | Verbs Images
Cooking Verbs for Kids
Cooking Verbs Vocabulary
- Roll out
Cooking Verbs for Kids | Image
Daily Routines and Activities
Learn how to describe your daily routines in English.
Daily Routines and Activities Vocabulary
- Do the laundry
- Hang the clothes
- Iron the clothes
- Make the bed
- Go to bed
- Wake up
- Brush the teeth
- Drive to work
- Get home
- Take a bath
- Brush your hair
- Surf the net
- Play with friends
- Go to school
- Go shopping
- Wash the car
- Get dressed
- Go out with a friend
- Take pictures
- Play the guitar
- Water the plant
- Go for a walk
- Have breakfast
- Have lunch
- Have dinner
- Make dinner
- Fold the laundry
- Surf the net
- Feed the dog
- Take a taxi
- Wait for the bus
- Paint the picture
- Have a break (U.K) – Take a break (U.S)
- Walk the dog
- Take out the rubbish (U.S)
- Sweep the floor
- Rake the leaves
- Read the news
- Clean the window
- Cut the grass
- Do the dishes
- Paint the house
Daily Routines and Activities | Image
Classroom Verbs for Kids
Classroom Verbs Vocabulary
Classroom Verbs Pictures
Housework and Repair Verbs
Household Chores List
- Make (the bed)
- Change (the sheets)
- Take out (the rubbish/ garbage)
- Wipe off (the table)
Housework and Repair Verbs | Image
Restaurant Verbs for Kids
Restaurant Verbs Vocabulary
- Give – The waiter gives me the menu.
- Drink – Can I have something to drink?
- Serve – They serve good nosh in the cafeteria.
- Pay – Can I pay by installment payment?
- Eat – You can’t eat your cake and have it.
- Cook – The pizza will then take about twenty minutes to cook.
- Hold – Hold the knife at an angle.
- Light – Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
- Order – What do you suggest I order?
- Spread – He spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
- Lift – He couldn’t lift the table and no more could I.
- Write – Write it down on a piece of paper.
- Slice – It’s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle.
- Stack – They are specially packaged so that they stack easily.
- Set (the table) – He is setting the table…
Restaurant Verbs Images
Sport and Exercise Actions
Sport and Exercise Verbs Vocabulary
- Walk – Don’t try to walk before you can crawl.
- Run – Do not run too fast after gain.
- Stretch – Breathe in through your nose as you stretch up.
- Jump – Can you jump over the river?
- Bounce – Bounce the ball and try and hit it over the net.
- Serve – Serving is arguably the most important aspect of the game, as it is the one shot which has to be in every single rally.
- Lie down – For this exercise, it is best to lie down, or sit with both feet on the floor.
- Sit – Sit on the floor, stretching your legs out in front of you.
- Bend – Lie flat and let your knees bend.
- Kneel – Do not run, stand, kneel or spin in the slide.
- Ride – Life is a horse, and either you ride it or it rides you.
- Kick – The kids love to kick a ball against my wall.
- Hop – I tried to hop on my good foot while holding onto Jim…
Sport and Exercise Verbs Images