What are conclusion transition words? When you are writing an essay, the conclusion is one of the most important parts since it allows you to summarise your thoughts and arguments in a clear and concise way. Being able to use the correct words and phrases to do this can make all the difference. In this article, we are going to be looking at how to use conclusion transition words to make your conclusion flow.
What Are Conclusion Transition Words?
As we mentioned in the introduction and as their name may suggest, conclusion transition words are used within the conclusion of your piece of writing. These words and phrases are used within your conclusion to tie ideas together. The conclusion transition words can help you to bring together all of the ideas that were presented throughout the essay in one simple sentence. There are a huge variety of conclusion transition words that you can choose and the more unique, the better.
List Of Conclusion Transition Words
We are now going to look at a list of conclusion transition words to expand your vocabulary and give you the opportunity to make your conclusion sound pulled together and complete.
- All in all
- All things considered
- To sum up
- To conclude
- In short
- In brief
- In essence
- In summary
- In conclusion
- In the final analysis
- To summarise
- It has been noted
- Given these points
- By and large
- On the whole
- In the end
Examples Of Conclusion Transition Words In A Sentence
Now that we have a good vocabulary of conclusion transition words, it is time to put them into action. There are different ways in which each of them can be used, so let’s take a look at some examples. You will notice that the transition conclusion words allow you to sum up all of the information in a short statement.
- In summary Snow White had a difficult life but ultimately found happiness.
- It has been noted that the writer of the book did not have a great knowledge of the subject, so given these points we can conclude that the book is not a good resource for studying.
- In short, the park is an attractive and relaxing place to spend an afternoon.
- All things considered, I find that London is a great city.
- To sum up, the children all had an excellent childhood and yet still ended up committing crimes.
- Finally, we can conclude that the airplane was a useful invention.
- In brief, the farm is known to produce the most top quality meat in the country and this is why it has been so successful.
- On the whole, chicken is a much more popular meat than pork.
- By and large, homework should be considered a useful learning tactic, regardless of what the school children might think.
A conclusion transition word allows the author to neatly tie up his or her piece of writing in a short sentence or statement. There are many options to choose from and each can be used to convey the most important information that has been previously discussed.
- Learn useful tips for using transition words for essays.
Conclusion Transition Words | Picture