Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs with their meaning and examples in English.
List of Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs
Cooking Phrasal Verbs
- Meaning: Finish baking partly baked food
- Example: She baked off the cakes in the oven.
- Meaning: Evaporate completely during boiling
- Example: The soup’s almost boiled away.
- Meaning: If a food or liquid boils down, its volume is reduced as it boils
- Example: Spinach tends to boil down a lot.
- Meaning: Rise and flow over the side of the container while boiling
- Example: The milk was boiling over on the stove behind her.
- Meaning: Eat a large amount of food very quickly
- Example: She bolted down her lunch and rushed back to work.
- Meaning: Cut into pieces, usually with several sharp blows
- Example: Sarah was busy chopping up onions.
- Meaning: Remove part of something by cutting it with a knife
- Example: You should cut the tops off the carrots first.
- Meaning: Shape or form by cutting
- Example: She cut several pieces of pastry out.
- Meaning: Cut something into small pieces
- Example: He cut the pie up into little pieces.
- Meaning: Eat in a restaurant instead of at home
- Example: Do you feel like eating out tonight?
- Meaning: Eat all of something
- Example: Eat up! We’ve got to go out soon.
- Meaning: Cook something by frying
- Example: Let’s fry some eggs up for dinner.
- Meaning: Eat only small amounts of a meal
- Example: Most of the time he just picks at his food.
- Meaning: Eat an extremely large amount of food
- Example: Kids pigging out on junk food and soda.
- Meaning: Cut something from a larger piece
- Example: She sliced off a piece of sausage.
- Meaning: Quickly make a meal or something to eat
- Example: She whipped up a delicious lunch for us in 15 minutes.
Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs | Image
English Phrasal Verbs by Topic
How to Learn Phrasal Verbs Fast? – Learn Phrasal Verbs by Topic.
- Business Phrasal Verbs
- Telephone Phrasal Verbs
- Cooking Phrasal Verbs
- FAMILY Phrasal Verbs
- Environment Phrasal Verbs
- Health Phrasal Verbs
- CLOTHING Phrasal Verbs
- PARTY Phrasal Verbs
- SLEEP Phrasal Verbs
- Animals Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs about MONEY
- Driving Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs for Work
- Phrasal Verbs for Travel
- Phrasal Verbs for Shopping
- Phrasal Verbs about Crime
- Phrasal Verbs Around the House
- Phrasal Verbs for Problems
- Phrasal Verbs about Relationships
- Phrasal Verbs about Education