Cooking Vocabulary! List of useful cooking phrasal verbs with their meaning and examples in English. Learn cooking vocabulary with ESL picture to improve your everyday English.
List of Cooking Phrasal Verbs in English
- Bake off
- Boil away
- Boil down
- Boil over
- Bolt down
- Chop up
- Cut off
- Cut out
- Cut up
- Eat out
- Eat up
- Fry up
- Pick at
- Pig out
- Slice off
- Whip up
Cooking Phrasal Verbs with Meaning and Examples
List of phrasal verbs about cooking and food.
- Meaning: Finish baking partly baked food
- Example: She baked off the cakes in the oven.
- Meaning: Evaporate completely during boiling
- Example: The soup’s almost boiled away.
- Meaning: If a food or liquid boils down, its volume is reduced as it boils
- Example: Spinach tends to boil down a lot.
- Meaning: Rise and flow over the side of the container while boiling
- Example: The milk was boiling over on the stove behind her.
- Meaning: Eat a large amount of food very quickly
- Example: She bolted down her lunch and rushed back to work.
- Meaning: Cut into pieces, usually with several sharp blows
- Example: Sarah was busy chopping up onions.
- Meaning: Remove part of something by cutting it with a knife
- Example: You should cut the tops off the carrots first.
- Meaning: Shape or form by cutting
- Example: She cut several pieces of pastry out.
- Meaning: Cut something into small pieces
- Example: He cut the pie up into little pieces.
- Meaning: Eat in a restaurant instead of at home
- Example: Do you feel like eating out tonight?
- Meaning: Eat all of something
- Example: Eat up! We’ve got to go out soon.
- Meaning: Cook something by frying
- Example: Let’s fry some eggs up for dinner.
- Meaning: Eat only small amounts of a meal
- Example: Most of the time he just picks at his food.
- Meaning: Eat an extremely large amount of food
- Example: Kids pigging out on junk food and soda.
- Meaning: Cut something from a larger piece
- Example: She sliced off a piece of sausage.
- Meaning: Quickly make a meal or something to eat
- Example: She whipped up a delicious lunch for us in 15 minutes.
Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs | Image
Cooking Vocabulary: Cooking Phrasal Verbs | Video
Last Updated on July 16, 2022