Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs with their meaning and examples in English.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Cooking Phrasal Verbs
- Meaning: Finish baking partly baked food
- Example: She baked off the cakes in the oven.
- Meaning: Evaporate completely during boiling
- Example: The soup’s almost boiled away.
- Meaning: If a food or liquid boils down, its volume is reduced as it boils
- Example: Spinach tends to boil down a lot.
- Meaning: Rise and flow over the side of the container while boiling
- Example: The milk was boiling over on the stove behind her.
- Meaning: Eat a large amount of food very quickly
- Example: She bolted down her lunch and rushed back to work.
- Meaning: Cut into pieces, usually with several sharp blows
- Example: Sarah was busy chopping up onions.
- Meaning: Remove part of something by cutting it with a knife
- Example: You should cut the tops off the carrots first.
- Meaning: Shape or form by cutting
- Example: She cut several pieces of pastry out.
- Meaning: Cut something into small pieces
- Example: He cut the pie up into little pieces.
- Meaning: Eat in a restaurant instead of at home
- Example: Do you feel like eating out tonight?
- Meaning: Eat all of something
- Example: Eat up! We’ve got to go out soon.
- Meaning: Cook something by frying
- Example: Let’s fry some eggs up for dinner.
- Meaning: Eat only small amounts of a meal
- Example: Most of the time he just picks at his food.
- Meaning: Eat an extremely large amount of food
- Example: Kids pigging out on junk food and soda.
- Meaning: Cut something from a larger piece
- Example: She sliced off a piece of sausage.
- Meaning: Quickly make a meal or something to eat
- Example: She whipped up a delicious lunch for us in 15 minutes.
Useful Cooking Phrasal Verbs | Image
July 24, 2018
- chop up meaning
- cooking action verbs
- Cooking verbs
- Cooking Vocabulary
- cut off meaning
- cut out meaning
- cut up phrasal verb
- eat out meaning
- eating phrasal verbs
- fry up meaning
- kitchen phrasal verbs
- Kitchen Verbs
- kitchen verbs vocabulary
- meaning of pick at
- meaning of whip up
- phrasal verbs - kitchen
- phrasal verbs about kitchen
- phrasal verbs food and drink
- phrasal verbs list
- phrasal verbs related to kitchen
- slice off meaning
- verbs related to eating