Have you ever seen the internet slang term cor used online and wondered what it meant? We are going to look at the meaning of this phrase as well as looking at some examples of how it can be used in an online conversation We are also going to take a look at the origins of the phrase and find out where it came from in the first place.
What Does Cor Mean?
The definition of the internet slang term cor is equal to saying my God.
Origin of Cor
The origin of the internet slang term cor comes from the English language, often of a cockney origin, which has been used in spoken terms for many years.
There are no other meanings of the internet slang term cor.
You may see the internet slang term cor being used in a variety of different situations when online. We are now going to look at some examples of conversations in which the term might be used.
The first conversation is taking place between two online friends discussing a party.
- Person 1: Did you have fun at the party the other night that you went to?
- Person 2: Yeah it was really good. There was a DJ and a free bar.
- Person 1: Cor that sounds brilliant.
The next conversation is taking place between two people on a Twitter thread
- Person 1: The world is going crazy, there is so much crime and war.
- Person 2: You’re so right, my city has had an 80% rise in crime over the last ten years.
- Person 1: Cor that’s terrible.
The final conversation is happening between a mother and son over email.
- Person 1: How is your trip to New Zealand?
- Person 2: It is amazing, I went bungee jumping last Sunday.
- Person 1: Cor, I bet that was an amazing experience.
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are, as with many things, other ways in which you can say the internet slang term cor. Here are some examples of other things you might say.
- My God
- Goodness me
Cor Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on March 19, 2020