Learn English Vocabulary for Cups and Glasses
A cup is a small open container used for drinking and carrying drinks. It can be made of wood, plastic, glass, clay, metal, stone, china or other materials, and it might have a stem, handles or other adornments.
Cups are used for quenching thirst across a wide range of cultures and social classes, and different styles of cups may be used for different liquids or in different situations (i.e. in the kitchen)
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Cups and Glasses in English
- 1.1 Wine glass
- 1.2 Water goblet
- 1.3 Margarita glass
- 1.4 Hurricane glass
- 1.5 Champagne flute
- 1.6 Cocktail glass
- 1.7 Irish coffee glass
- 1.8 Cognac balloon
- 1.9 Plastic cup
- 1.10 Mug
- 1.11 Beer mug
- 1.12 Weizen glass
- 1.13 Teacup
- 1.14 Demitasse
- 1.15 Footed pilsner glass
- 1.16 Collins glass
- 1.17 Vodka glass
- 1.18 Shot glass
- 2 Cups and Glasses Vocabulary in English | Image
- 3 Cups and Glasses Vocabulary in English | Video for Kids
List of Cups and Glasses in English
– Her wine glass was still quite full.
– This is a water goblet.
– Strain and pour into a chilled margarita glass.
– Pour into a hurricane glass and garnish with orange wheel.
– I don’t even own one Champagne flute, let alone a set.
– Her cocktail glass was frosted with sugar.
Irish coffee glass
– Pour coffee into an Irish coffee glass.
– Phillips ordered a cognac balloon.
– Megan unpacked the picnic tea and handed me a plastic cup.
– He was so thirsty that he drank a mug of milk.
– How much does your beer mug contain?
– Please fill this weizen glass for me.
– Please hand me a saucer to put under my teacup.
– Break each egg into a demitasse cup with a rounded bottom.
Footed pilsner glass
– I always drink beer from a footed pilsne glass.
– In a collins glass or other tall glass, combine white and yolk.
– I like this vodka glass.
– Carry a shot glass in your beach bag.