List of Glassware! Learn useful cups and glasses vocabulary words in English with ESL pictures and examples sentences to improve your English. If you are in a bar or restaurant in an English speaking country, you might need to ask for a specific type of cup or glass. You will not be able to do this without having learned the English names for these and so in this section, you will be presented with the English names for a variety of different cups and glasses. This can also be very handy when you are at home with English speaking people and you are asked which type of glass you would like, or if you are offered a certain type, for example, a mug, you will be able to understand what is being said.
Types of Cups and Glasses
A cup is a small open container used for drinking and carrying drinks. It can be made of wood, plastic, glass, clay, metal, stone, china or other materials, and it might have a stem, handles or other adornments.
List of Glassware
- Wine glass
- Water goblet
- Margarita glass
- Hurricane glass
- Champagne flute
- Cocktail glass
- Irish coffee glass
- Cognac balloon
- Plastic cup
- Beer mug
- Weizen glass
- Footed pilsner glass
- Collins glass
- Vodka glass
- Shot glass
Cups and Glasses with Pictures and Examples
– Her wine glass was still quite full.
– This is a water goblet.
– Strain and pour into a chilled margarita glass.
– Pour into a hurricane glass and garnish with orange wheel.
– I don’t even own one Champagne flute, let alone a set.
– Her cocktail glass was frosted with sugar.
Irish coffee glass
– Pour coffee into an Irish coffee glass.
– Phillips ordered a cognac balloon.
– Megan unpacked the picnic tea and handed me a plastic cup.
– He was so thirsty that he drank a mug of milk.
– How much does your beer mug contain?
– Please fill this weizen glass for me.
– Please hand me a saucer to put under my teacup.
– Break each egg into a demitasse cup with a rounded bottom.
Footed pilsner glass
– I always drink beer from a footed pilsne glass.
– In a collins glass or other tall glass, combine white and yolk.
– I like this vodka glass.
– Carry a shot glass in your beach bag.
List of Cups and Glasses | Glassware Picture
Learn glassware video with American English pronunciation.
Useful list of kitchenware in English with pictures.
- List of kitchen utensils in English.
- Kitchen appliances with pictures.
- List of glassware, cups and glasses in English.
- Formal table setting: list of tableware with pictures.