The internet slang term DAE may be frequently seen during online conversations, but what is the meaning of this slang term and where did it first come from? We are going to investigate the answers to both of these questions as well as taking a look at some examples of the slang term being used in a conversation.
What Does DAE Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term DAE is “Does Anybody Else?”
Origin of DAE
The origin of the texting abbreviation DAE is a simple acronym. This is usual for internet slang as it makes typing a phrase much quicker and simpler.
There is another meaning to the internet slang term DAE, which is used widely in Scotland and is a replacement for the word ‘do.’
There are a lot of different conversations in which you might see the internet slang term DAE being used. We are now going to look at some examples of this.
The first conversation is taking place on the comments of a post about skiing. The internet slang term DAE refers to the meaning does anybody else in this example.
- Person 1: “What a great piece about skiing.”
- Person 2: “I’d love to go.”
- Person 3: “DAE want to set up a ski trip?”
This next conversation is happening between two friends over text. The meaning of the slang term in this instance is for the word do.
- Person 1: “Are you free on Thursday?”
- Person 2: “Yes, did you want me for something?”
- Person 1: “Yes, dae you want to come shopping with me?”
- Person 2: “Of course!”
The final conversation is happening on a group chat. The meaning of the slang term in this example is does anybody else?
- Person 1: “Are we all still meeting up this weekend?”
- Person 2: “Yes, where are we meeting?”
- Person 1: “We were meeting at the park but DAE feel like we should meet at the beach?”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There may be other ways in which you can say the slang term DAE, we are now going to look at some examples of things you might say.
- anyone else?
- does anyone else think?