Learn useful feeling words and emotion words with pictures and example sentences to improve and enhance your vocabulary in English. There are many times when you may need to talk about how you are feeling, or perhaps describe how someone else is feeling. For this reason, it is important to be able to talk about the various emotions in English. You may also need to understand these emotion names in situations where someone is explaining to you how they feel, and by being able to recognise what they are saying, you will be better able to help them. In this section, you will be presented with a detailed list of emotions in English.
Feeling Words & Emotion Words
Feelings and emotions are very similar; however, emotions tend to refer to that which is not tangible, while feelings tend to be more tangible. Following is a list of adjectives to help you narrow down exactly what word best describes your current feelings and emotions.
List of Feeling Words & Emotion Words
Feeling Words & Emotion Words with Pictures
List of emotions with useful example sentences illustrated with images.
– I want to make you happy!
– I hope I can find the one who is afraid for losing me.
– This music always makes me sad.
– She was hot and sweat dripped into her eyes.
– I could see she was highly amused.
– The boys were getting bored.
– He was anxious to preserve his reputation.
– I am confident of my future.
– She felt cold in her flimsy dress.
– I’m very suspicious about her motives.
– She was very surprised when she saw me.
– She was a warm and loving mother.
– I’m curious to know what she said.
– She was envious of her sister’s beauty.
– Why are you so jealous of his success?
– She looked rather strained and miserable.
– I’m totally confused. Could you explain that again?
– She was really stupid to quit her job like that.
– He changed his mind, which made me very angry.
– She was very sympathetic when I was sick.
– You should be ashamed of yourself.
– She became withdrawn and pensive, hardly speaking to anyone.
– I pretended to be indifferent to it.
– I’m sorry, but I’m busy right now.
– He was determined to retrieve his honor.
– You’re crazy to go out in this weather.
– The boy was too bashful to ask her to dance.
– He began to feel depressed and helpless.
– She was enraged at the injustice of the remark.
– The child is frightened by the ugly man.
– I’ve always been interested in music.
– The child was shy and hid behind his mother.
– I am hopeful that she will come tomorrow.
– He is regretful for what he has done.
– I was scared of the big dog.
– He is a stubborn character used to getting his own way.
– I often feel thirsty when it’s very hot.
– I feel so guilty, leaving all this to you.
– I was too nervous to eat.
– She felt embarrassed under his steady gaze.
– I am completely disgusted with her.
– He is too proud to see his own mistake.
– Annie was ecstatic about the idea.
– I live all alone but I never feel lonely.
– They felt frustrated at the lack of progress.
– She was very hurt by his unkind words.
– I’m hungry – let’s have lunch.
– Are you tired after your labours?
– She was very smug and self-satisfied about getting the promotion.
– She’s a very kind and thoughtful person.
– She was pained when you refused her invitation.
– She is optimistic about her chances of winning a gold medal.
– I am relieved to hear that this isn’t true.
– You look very puzzled about something.
– His mother was shocked at the news.
– She was joyful of her good result of the scientific experiments.
– I was so sleepy, I couldn’t keep my eyes open.
– What are you so excited about?
– I am rather skeptical about their professed sympathy for the poor.
– I feel bad about the mistake.
– I’m worried about my husband’s health.
Feeling Words & Emotion Words Pictures
Feeling Words & Emotion Words | Emotions and Feelings Image 1
Feeling Words & Emotion Words | Emotions and Feelings Image 2
Feeling Words & Emotion Words | List of Emotions and Feelings Image 3
List of Adjectives in English
- Opposite adjectives in English.
- List of emotions: feeling words and emotion words with pictures.
- Descriptive adjectives to describe people in English.
- Personality adjectives, character traits and personality traits in English.
Feeling Words & Emotion Words Videos
Feeling Words & Emotion Words with American English pronunciation.