What is another word for “difficult ”? List of different ways to say “difficult” in English with meaning and examples. Learning these synonyms for “difficult” helps increase your vocabulary words and improve your English writing.
Difficult Definition and Examples
Meaning of Difficult: The word difficult is an adjective. The word is used to describe a complex and sensitive situation or a person who is incredibly hard to deal with.
- Working with Mary every day is extremely difficult since her personality is the opposite of mine.
- Everyone must face the difficult inevitability that their parents will pass away at some point.
- Math was the most difficult subject for me when I was a student.
Other Words for “Difficult”
Commonly used synonyms for “Difficult”.
Big list of 110+ different words to use instead of “difficult”.
- Hard to understand
- Not easy
“Difficult” Synonyms with Example Sentences
List of 33 synonyms for “difficult” with examples.
- Example: Truth and beauty are abstract concepts.
- Example: Your statement is a bit too abstruse.
- Example: He gave me an ambiguous answer.
- Example: She undertook the arduous task of monitoring the elections.
- Example: It was a tough decision to make.
- Example: Tom’s explanation was too complex.
- Example: A complicated system of sewers runs under the city.
- Example: All this information can be confusing to the user.
- Example: He put forward a baffling question.
- Example: The new regulations will be burdensome for small businesses.
- Example: His grammar explanations are terribly convoluted.
- Example: Travelling alone around the world is a daunting prospect.
- Example: He found the rigours of the tour too demanding.
- Example: The doctor advised Ken to avoid strenuous exercise.
- Example: She managed to get an interview with that elusive man.
- Example: He must also embark on a grueling course of longer-term reforms.
- Example: Driving on icy roads can be pretty hairy.
- Example: It is easy to open a shop but hard to keep it always open.
- Example: He has a heavy teaching load this year.
- Example: The new plastic is completely inflexible.
- Example: She met with a lot of knotty problems.
- Example: They had the laborious task of cutting down the huge tree.
- Example: He is obstinate and determined and will not give up.
- Example: His skin felt painful and prickly.
- Example: The future of our business is problematic.
- Example: He set himself a punishing schedule of conferences.
- Example: Her face was rigid with terror.
- Example: They hurried over the rough rocky ground.
- Example: Their car bumped along the rough mountain road.
- Example: The countryside around here is very rugged.
- Example: I felt stiff after a long walk.
- Example: The young captain is pondering over a thorny problem.
- Example: He took a tortuous route through back streets.
Another Word for “Difficult” | Image
Difficult Synonyms: 30+ Useful Synonyms for Difficult