Learn Easter Vocabulary in English with pictures, English vocabulary and words you’ll need to know to talk about Easter.
Easter, is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by the Romans at Calvary.
Easter customs vary across the Christian world, and include sunrise services, exclaiming the Paschal greeting, clipping the church, and decorating Easter eggs. Additional customs that have become associated with Easter and are observed by both Christians and some non-Christians include egg hunting, the Easter Bunny, and Easter parades.
Easter Vocabulary – List of words you can use when talking about Easter Day.
Easter Vocabulary in English
Talking About Easter
– He’s always quoting from the Bible.
– Take a candy from the basket.
– When will we have the Easter egg hunt?
– A zestful food is the hot cross bun.
– I’d like a piece of chocolate.
– A young chicken is called a chick.
– The daffodil belongs to the genus Narcissus.
– What color is the tulip? I asked him again.
– Jesus predicts his crucifixion in two days time.
– This is a resurrection of an old story from the mid-70s.
– Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
– Children like the Easter bunny and his baskets of goodies.
– There are four eggs in the Easter basket.
– In the field a lamb was bleating for its mother.
Crown of thorns
– He wore a crown of thorns upon his head.
– She pricked out the design from the pattern.
Easter Vocabulary in English | Picture
Holidays and Special Events Vocabulary
- New Year’s Eve Vocabulary
- Christmas Vocabulary
- Easter Vocabulary
- Halloween Vocabulary
- Birthday Vocabulary
- Wedding & Marriage Vocabulary
- Summer Vocabulary
- Valentine’s Day