Easter Words! List of useful Easter vocabulary words with pictures and examples. Learn these Easter words to improve and enhance your vocabulary words in English.
Easter, is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by the Romans at Calvary.
Easter customs vary across the Christian world, and include sunrise services, exclaiming the Paschal greeting, clipping the church, and decorating Easter eggs. Additional customs that have become associated with Easter and are observed by both Christians and some non-Christians include egg hunting, the Easter Bunny, and Easter parades.
- Easter egg
- Hot-cross bun
- Easter bunny
- Easter basket
- Crown of thorns
Easter Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
– He’s always quoting from the Bible.
– Take a candy from the basket.
– When will we have the Easter egg hunt?
– A zestful food is the hot cross bun.
– I’d like a piece of chocolate.
– A young chicken is called a chick.
– The daffodil belongs to the genus Narcissus.
– What color is the tulip? I asked him again.
– Jesus predicts his crucifixion in two days time.
– This is a resurrection of an old story from the mid-70s.
– Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
– Children like the Easter bunny and his baskets of goodies.
– There are four eggs in the Easter basket.
– In the field a lamb was bleating for its mother.
Crown of thorns
– He wore a crown of thorns upon his head.
– She pricked out the design from the pattern.
Easter Words | Picture
Holidays and Special Events
Useful list of holidays and special events in English.
- New year words with pictures.
- Christmas words in English.
- Easter words with images.
- Halloween words in English.
- Birthday vocabulary words with pictures.
- Wedding words and marriage vocabulary.
- Summer words in English.
- Valentine words in English.
Easter Words Video
Learn Easter vocabulary, New year and Christmas words with American English pronunciation.