The slang term “ent” is a popular term that is used on the internet and in text conversations today. Here you will find the meaning of this slang term and information regarding its origin if such information is available.
You will also see other possible meanings of this term if any are available and have the opportunity to read through some example conversations that use the term correctly in context. Finally, you will see some alternative words or phrases that you can use interchangeably with this term in conversation to convey the same meaning.
What Does Ent Mean?
The most widely accepted meaning of the slang term “ent” is someone who uses or grows marijuana, more commonly referred to as weed among other nicknames.
Origin of Ent
Unfortunately, there is no specific information available concerning the origin of the term “ent” for the meaning stated above.
“ENT” is also an acronym used in the medical community for a doctor who specializes in the examination of the “ears, nose, and throat.” “Ent” is also defined as a mythical tree creature from the Lord of the Rings movies.
A text message conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: What about Billy? He is sort of cute in his own way.
- Friend 2: Yeah, if you like the bad boy type. Billy is not for me. He is an ent!
- Friend 1: True, but you would be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t do that nowadays.
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: I am so stoned right now that your picture looked like two marshmallows having a pillow fight!
- User 2: OMG! You are such an ent!
Alternatives to “Ent”
The slang term “ent” can be substituted with many words or phrases that relay the same meaning. Some of these include:
- weed smoker
- marijuana smoker
- lover of the Mary Jane
Ent Meaning Infographic