Learn environment phrasal verbs with their meaning and examples in English.
ENVIRONMENT Phrasal Verbs
- Meaning: Destroy something completely
- Example: Whole villages were wiped out by the floods.
- Meaning: Decompose, when something slowly reduces to its smallest parts
- Example: A plastic pot may take more than a million years to be broken down.
- Meaning: Make something smaller in size, amount, etc. than it used to be
- Example: The British Army intends to scale back on its use of petrol-driven vehicles and soon we may seeing British soldiers going to war on bicycles.
- Meaning: Exhaust of strength or useful properties
- Example: We’ve already used up earth’s resources for 2016.
- Meaning: Get rid of something that you no longer want or need
- Example: Don’t throw away your grass clippings; leave them on your lawn.
Run out of
- Meaning: Finish the supply of something
- Example: What will we do when we run out of gas?
- Meaning: Stop existing
- Example: This species has nearly died out because its habitat is being destroyed.
- Meaning: Cover a large area
- Example: Because our population is so densely concentrated, a new disease like bird flu can spread out very quickly after the first case has appeared.
- Meaning: Need or depend on somebody/something
- Example: We won’t have to rely on power companies if we use solar and wind power instead.
- Meaning: Kill trees
- Example: The rainforest is being cut down.
Useful Environment Phrasal Verbs | Picture
English Phrasal Verbs by Topic
How to Learn Phrasal Verbs Fast? – Learn Phrasal Verbs by Topic.
- Business Phrasal Verbs
- Telephone Phrasal Verbs
- Cooking Phrasal Verbs
- FAMILY Phrasal Verbs
- Environment Phrasal Verbs
- Health Phrasal Verbs
- CLOTHING Phrasal Verbs
- PARTY Phrasal Verbs
- SLEEP Phrasal Verbs
- Animals Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs about MONEY
- Driving Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs for Work
- Phrasal Verbs for Travel
- Phrasal Verbs for Shopping
- Phrasal Verbs about Crime
- Phrasal Verbs Around the House
- Phrasal Verbs for Problems
- Phrasal Verbs about Relationships
- Phrasal Verbs about Education