List of environment phrasal verbs with their meaning and examples in English.
Useful Phrasal Verbs related to “Environment”.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- Meaning: Destroy something completely
- Example: Whole villages were wiped out by the floods.
- Meaning: Decompose, when something slowly reduces to its smallest parts
- Example: A plastic pot may take more than a million years to be broken down.
- Meaning: Make something smaller in size, amount, etc. than it used to be
- Example: The British Army intends to scale back on its use of petrol-driven vehicles and soon we may seeing British soldiers going to war on bicycles.
- Meaning: Exhaust of strength or useful properties
- Example: We’ve already used up earth’s resources for 2016.
- Meaning: Get rid of something that you no longer want or need
- Example: Don’t throw away your grass clippings; leave them on your lawn.
Run out of
- Meaning: Finish the supply of something
- Example: What will we do when we run out of gas?
- Meaning: Stop existing
- Example: This species has nearly died out because its habitat is being destroyed.
- Meaning: Cover a large area
- Example: Because our population is so densely concentrated, a new disease like bird flu can spread out very quickly after the first case has appeared.
- Meaning: Need or depend on somebody/something
- Example: We won’t have to rely on power companies if we use solar and wind power instead.
- Meaning: Kill trees
- Example: The rainforest is being cut down.
Useful Environment Phrasal Verbs.