What is another word for “event”? Following is a list of synonyms for “event” with example sentences and ESL pictures. Learning these words to use instead of “event” will help you bolster your vocabulary.
Event Definition and Examples
Meaning of “Event”: A planned and timed occasion, generally one of importance; some incident that is momentous and etched in memory; part of a competition or tournament
- “This is a big event, and we need big names participating, understand?”
- “Oh, I remember the Tunguska event clearly, I can still hear it ringing in my ears”
- “ This is the third event of the tournament, Emily, we have two to go”
Other Words for “Event”
Widely used synonyms for “event”.
A huge list of 95+ different words to use instead of “event”.
Synonyms for Event with Examples
Learn another word for “event” with example sentences.
Many ordinary investors stand to lose money in this affair.
This is a combination of favorable political and economic circumstances.
The money had been saved for just such an eventuality.
The senator addressed the gathering informally.
We’re having a little get-together to celebrate David’s promotion.
The parents had been misinformed about the incident.
Unfortunately, we can’t go to the jamboree.
He offered to go and attend to the matter.
The wedding was a very grand occasion.
Street-fights are an everyday occurrence in this area of the city.
More examples with the word “event”:
- The event has been postponed indefinitely due to lack of interest.
- At the beginning of June an event occurred.
- The event was held in some park or other.
- Wilde was emphatic that the event should go ahead.
- The event was widely covered by the mass media.
- Britain has not lifted the trophy since it last hosted the event.
- The Post Office has issued a commemorative stamp to mark the event.
- We were afraid he would be serious on stage, but in the event he performed beautifully.
- People often give very different accounts of the same event.
- The public were not fooled by all the hype the press gave the event.