Learn Family Members through pictures and chart.
Family is important no matter what language you speak. In the context of human society, a family is a group of people affiliated either by consanguinity, affinity, or co-residence or some combination of these.
Members of the immediate family may include spouses, parents, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters. Members of the extended family may include grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces, and siblings-in-law. Sometimes these are also considered members of the immediate family, depending on an individual’s specific relationship with them.
Family Members Vocabulary in English
Family Members Vocabulary
– This antique belonged to his great-grandfather.
– This gold watch was handed down from my great-grandmother.
– My great-uncle actually got sent home from a British hospital because there weren’t enough beds that day.
– I remembered my grandfather in my dream last night.
– My grandmother taught me to sew.
– Your great-aunt was a very kind woman.
– I don’t have much contact with my uncle.
– The earrings were a gift from my aunt.
– I didn’t receive any allowance from my father.
– Every mother thinks her child beautiful.
Uncle (Husband of Aunt)
– My uncle is travelling in South America.
– I share a bedroom with my sister.
– His brother-in-law proposed a toast to the happy couple.
– I have received a letter from my brother.
– She is the same height as her sister-in-law.
– She does not like to contradict her husband in public.
– His wife has a strong personality.
– I’m hoping to go and stay with my cousin Tom over Christmas.
– There’s a message for you from your cousin’s wife.
– She is a distant cousin.
– His cousin’s husband is a famous professional tennis player.
– He entrusted the task to his nephew.
– He has a pretty niece.
– His son Liam became a lawyer.
– My daughter-in-law is a teacher.
– Our youngest daughter is a vegetarian.
– My wife called our son-in-law to rescue us.
First cousin once removed
– They’re my first cousins once removed.
– My grandson never fails to phone me on my birthday.
– She watched her little granddaughter skip down the path.
Family Members Tree | Image
Members of the Family Vocabulary | Images