The phrase “flashback Friday” is a phrase you may see or hear widely used, especially on social media sites. Here you will find the meaning of this phrase and the available information on its origin. You will also find examples of how to use this phrase properly in conversations/statements and suggestions of other ways that you can say this phrase to convey the same meaning.
Flashback Friday Meaning
The phrase “flashback Friday” means the action of posting an old photo, song, story or video to your social media account or blog, or on the social media accounts of others that request them, on a Friday.
Origin of this idiomatic expression
The idiom “flashback Friday” originated on the social media site Instagram in 2012. Users began sharing media and labeling it with the hashtags #FBF or #flashbackFriday to share a story from the past, a photo to show personal growth and change or simply a song or video that was nostalgic to them. To this day, the phrase is still popular among social media users along with “Throwback Thursday.”
“Flashback Friday” Examples
Examples in Statements
A statement made by a celebrity on a talk show after showing the crowd a picture of them as a child.
- “Wow! Look at that little girl in that picture! I look nothing like that now. Flashback Friday!
A statement made as part of a post on Instagram with an old picture.
- “This is a picture of my grandfather during the Korean War. He was one handsome paratrooper! I love flashback Fridays!
Examples in Conversations
A conversation between two friends at school.
- Friend 1: Did you see the picture I posted on my Facebook account this morning for flashback Friday?
- Friend 2: No, I didn’t have time to check my feed this morning because I woke up late.
- Friend 1: Make sure to check it out. It has you in it too!! It’s amazing to see how much we have both changed over the years.
A conversation between two co-workers at the office.
- Co-worker 1: The post on the company Instagram account is hilarious!
- Co-worker 2: I guess I haven’t seen it yet?
- Co-worker 1: Really?!? You need to! They posted it for flashback Friday and it is a picture of you, me and Brenda on the first day we started here. We look so young!
Other Ways to Say “Flashback Friday”
There are alternative ways you can say “flashback Friday,” but none are as catchy as the actual phrase. Some of the alternative ways you could say this phrase include:
- An old picture on a Friday
- Some nostalgia on a Friday
- Some memories on a Friday
What does “Flashback Friday” Mean? | Image
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023
- Solidarity Meaning: What’s the Definition of the Term “Solidarity”? - November 28, 2023
- Compassion Meaning: What Does “Compassion” Mean? - November 28, 2023